Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 06:50 AM

Hi Gabry and oj,

Thanks for your replies, by the way your English is pretty good, at least for my French English

Yes I have the Rockford system within my outlander. Can you suggest where to buy it and which one, it will help me.

Before selling it to you, will try to see how it works within my car
but I keep in mind that you are a potential buyer

Old 01-17-2010, 10:54 AM

Hi Gabry,

Thanks for this detailed explanation, much appreciated. But seems to be complicated me. I will maybe first check if canbus is easier to put in place.

Thanks anyway.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:28 PM
Default Great Post

I am new to the site. After going through the post I feel confident in carrying out the aftermarket upgrade to the Outlander basic audio system.

I have opted for an internationally purchased aftermarket unit. (Hong Kong)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Out...item2304b0eb51

In keeping with the rest of the group, I will post highlights of the re-fit.

I have ordered a Hi Def 8inch display unit. Looking forward to receiving the unit in the next few days

Bigmac747

update
Received the unit in good time via EMS & Parcel Force

Hope to install this weekend

Bigmac747

Last edited by bigmac747; 01-30-2010 at 09:51 PM. Reason: found link fix spelling
Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 PM
Default Install Sirius to this unit

Hi all,

I went ahead and bought one of these also ($612 including shipping) it went down in price & shipping after I bought it (damn!).

One thing I want to do is to keep using Sirius on this head unit. Has anyone installed Sirius to this GPS/Navigation unit? If you can you tell me what model player or tell me step by step how you did it?

My car came with the 6CD changer and it alreayd has Sirius so I like to keep using it & perhaps transfer the subscription over coz I bought the lifetime service.

So if anyone can suggest a compatible Sirius player and provide installation procedures how to do this would be great thansk.

Also is there an easy way to install the back up camera? Do I need to run the wiring or would it already be there in my 07 XLS? I was thinking of using a wireless camera instead? What do you think?

Also, if I want to use the DVD while in motion I just have to ground the brown wire to the chassis and that's it? What's the difference between the CAN-bus & the Mito-2? I want to use all the speakers of the Rockord Fostgate system including the sub.

Thanks for your help.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:44 PM

Anyone try (or look at) the Fly Audio system? It's more expensive ($1000 from what I can see) and doesn't look like it includes the bezel but seems to be actively updated by the China supplier. I can't find reviews for the Outlander but from the ClubLexus forum, they really seem to like the version for the lexus. Several youtubes also make it look good but the increased price and needing to find a bezel are my concerns. Better than the $4000 dealers are charging up here in Canada though for the navi package.

Last edited by InTo; 02-01-2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 PM

hey, I have ordered a Flyaudio unit yesterday through a local retailer here in Vancouver. I will let you know the outcome.

I was driving CR-V with the flyaudio before the 2010 outlander. The machine was outstanding. I bet the one for outlander should be good as well.

Originally Posted by InTo
Anyone try (or look at) the Fly Audio system? It's more expensive ($1000 from what I can see) and doesn't look like it includes the bezel but seems to be actively updated by the China supplier. I can't find reviews for the Outlander but from the ClubLexus forum, they really seem to like the version for the lexus. Several youtubes also make it look good but the increased price and needing to find a bezel are my concerns. Better than the $4000 dealers are charging up here in Canada though for the navi package.

Old 02-02-2010, 02:35 PM

Where did you buy it in Vancouver? I haven't seen them in any major store...

Old 02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
Default Gps

Originally Posted by ash
Just finished installing the IGO8 Software with help from:

http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums...ad.php?t=10726

All working fine now and I would say a definite improvement over the other Unit I have. No blurring round the edges of the place names and such like. Not had chance to have a drive yet, to test it out properly but will on the way home from work later.

On my old unit I used to leave the magnetic GPS Receiver on top of the unit as it was metal and it picked up a signal without a problem, but on this unit it wont, so I moved the receiver to a metal bar back behind the unit and it seems to pick up signals now okay.

The RD Radio works fine, but as I said in a previous post not too impressed that the Radio Station name is just presented in the top right in fairly small writing.

Overall despite the problem I had with the connector (which may be a one off) I am very pleased with the unit. It is a much better and more thought out system than the other unit. The UI is so much nicer to look at and use, it still has it's problems such as the RDS Display and that the Ipod Menu Button doesn't seem to do anything. I have only just removed the plastic film from the screen and the display looks even better now.

This unit cost me just over £400.00 (about US$650.00) which is pretty good value for money considering what it can do and how much the Mitsubishi one is.

Paired with Sat Nav Software and an Ipod, well worth getting.

Hi Ash, I`m new to this forum. I have the same unit as you, can you explain to me how I get the GPS working ? It comes up whit a massage that say: can`t find gps program. I have IGo8. I have been to gpsunderground, didn`t understand everyting there. Is there a simple 123 set up in IGo8? Thank You

Old 02-02-2010, 07:24 PM

Hi, sorry, let me say that again.

I'm actually working for Flyaudio and happen to got a 2010 outlander recently.

There is one retailer on Fraser street, their info is on www.flyaudio.ca

I'm providing tech support for Canadian customers.

Originally Posted by ivanz
Where did you buy it in Vancouver? I haven't seen them in any major store...

Old 02-02-2010, 08:37 PM

Ah, thanks! I was under the impression it was only available shipped from overseas. Good to know it can be bought locally.
Too bad these units can't change car settings like the MMCS can, otherwise I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by ivanz; 02-02-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation