Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
yes except the screen size.
So end decision? Dont do it?

Old 07-13-2010, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
So end decision? Dont do it?
If you want to do it as an experiment, do it at no more than $400.

What I have been able to research about the product is that these kits are available in chinese market and all manufacturers just assemble these and make minor cosmetic difference to market them.

I am travelling to China next month or two, I plan to pick up some kits myself for DIY, will keep everyone posted.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by compucn
Both the old classic model and updated one have their own features, we sold thousands of CN8092 all over the world, only 1% not satisfied, each product just cannot satisfy everybody, like iPhone;

Actually, we didnot charge Rishi for double price, if he definitely calculated it before writing here.

its Outlander navigation: US$ 560
Outlander CMOS rear camera: US$ 26
Shipping fee to India: US$ 85 ---------Amount is US$ 671
Michael, I am not sure Mitsubishi has sold as many outlanders that you claimed in your mail

The amount was much higher, you forgot to add bank charges that I had to pay since you refused paypal and add custom duty to it. Also your courier guy charged me handling extra. I would had loved to refuse but had no choice because I had already transferred you money so I was trapped.

request you not to play a blame game here. I am merely reviewing the product "I Purchased and own".

There is no hardware difference between both boxes, classic and new. Please post picture of opened chassis here if you claim they are different.

Dont you think you should provide software upgrade to your existing customers as a courtesy who purchased product from you just months ago?

I request that you focus on right pricing and customer care rather than locking horns on enthusiast forum. Please take feedback and work on the product deficiency instead of justifying them.

I have nothing personal against you, your dealing with me was of a very good salesman and I would rate it fair except adding price for everything like GPS software, antenna etc which you initially never told me was separate. Even the courier was local and not a standard one as promised.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by compucn
except the screen size, you have to confirm the software before purchase, there is also different construction at back, without cooling fan, poor quality.. customers who bought this device before, finally repurchase one from us.
Can you verify your claim with evidences? Please attach both invoices and contact of these customers.

I did reach out to the other vendor, everything is identical. This unit too has fan etc. Please reach out to her as a buyer and get details yourself.

I am referring to this product and not what is mentioned by Ryandlor.

http://rofaudio.en.alibaba.com/produ...vd_player.html

Last edited by rishi_kapoor; 07-13-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Thumbs down

Think yourselves lucky, I paid a massive US$ 750 for the unit, do I feel ripped off.

I then ordered and paid for a TV-DVB box that was compatible with the head unit.

Turns out that there is no digital connection on the head unit to plug in the box.

You may be able to plug into the AUX cables, however, if you wanted to use the aux for another item you are in big trouble.

So, the TV feature of my unit is non existent.

Michael told me that engineers were working on a solution, after more than a week nothing so I demanded and got a refund on the DVB-TV box.

I also was told that there would be a firmware update in about a month, that was a few months ago and nothing!

If you want your business to progress Michael, you need to fix everyone's problems as the internet is a small place and word will soon spread about our problems.

Just to make sure that you understand, here is my post in Chinese, regards, Neil

觉得自己很幸运,我付出了大量的美国单位750元,我觉得扯掉。

然后我订购了一个电视的DVB框与兼容的头单位支付。

原来,有头无单位数字连接,以堵塞框。

您可能能够插入辅助电缆,但是,如果你想使用另一个项目的辅助你在大麻烦了。

所以,我单位电视的特点是不存在的。

迈克尔告诉我,工程师们目前寻找解决方案,经过一个多星期,所以我没有什么要求,并得到了基于 DVB -电视盒退款。

我也被告知将有一个固件更新为期一个月左右,在数个月前什么也没有!

如果您希望您的业务进展迈克尔,你需要修复的互联网每个人的问题是一个小地方,Word将很快蔓延对我们的 问题。

Last edited by oldsalt; 07-14-2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by oldsalt
Think yourselves lucky, I paid a massive US$ 750 for the unit, do I feel ripped off.

I then ordered and paid for a TV-DVB box that was compatible with the head unit.

Turns out that there is no digital connection on the head unit to plug in the box.

You may be able to plug into the AUX cables, however, if you wanted to use the aux for another item you are in big trouble.

So, the TV feature of my unit is non existent.

Michael told me that engineers were working on a solution, after more than a week nothing so I demanded and got a refund on the DVB-TV box.

I also was told that there would be a firmware update in about a month, that was a few months ago and nothing!

If you want your business to progress Michael, you need to fix everyone's problems as the internet is a small place and word will soon spread about our problems.

Just to make sure that you understand, here is my post in Chinese, regards, Neil

觉得自己很幸运,我付出了大量的美国单位750元,我觉得扯掉。

然后我订购了一个电视的DVB框与兼容的头单位支付。

原来,有头无单位数字连接,以堵塞框。

您可能能够插入辅助电缆,但是,如果你想使用另一个项目的辅助你在大麻烦了。

所以,我单位电视的特点是不存在的。

迈克尔告诉我,工程师们目前寻找解决方案,经过一个多星期,所以我没有什么要求,并得到了基于 DVB -电视盒退款。

我也被告知将有一个固件更新为期一个月左右,在数个月前什么也没有!

如果您希望您的业务进展迈克尔,你需要修复的互联网每个人的问题是一个小地方,Word将很快蔓延对我们的 问题。

Do you find it works ok for you with the exception of the TV tuner or do you also have a problem with the system falling over? Do you find the GPS part works ok?

Old 07-14-2010, 04:53 AM

Guys, did some research, looks like a new "kit" is in market which different manufactureres are marketing. This version has 3G capability (streaming over 3G), 8 disk virtual CD changer (using storage) and several other enhancements. I am negotiating with one vendor for best price, will keep everyone posted.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jimbo199882
Do you find it works ok for you with the exception of the TV tuner or do you also have a problem with the system falling over? Do you find the GPS part works ok?
Jimbo, don't be nervous. The system build quality is good, it is only that interface has glitches which are not deal breaker but surely very irritating.

If you can live with minor issues than there is no problem.

For me they are sure irritating, exmaple: imagine waiting for your system to boot up so that you may use rear view camera while reversing the car.

I feel that the unit is overpriced for what is delivers. With the current quality and feature it should not be more than $350-400 and that is exactly what others are charging.

Hope this helps.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:27 AM
ash

Originally Posted by rishi_kapoor
Guys, did some research, looks like a new "kit" is in market which different manufactureres are marketing. This version has 3G capability (streaming over 3G), 8 disk virtual CD changer (using storage) and several other enhancements. I am negotiating with one vendor for best price, will keep everyone posted.
Sounds interesting. Any links?

Old 07-19-2010, 08:59 AM

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation