Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 10:41 PM

Yeah, that was one of the issues due to the market share of outlander.

You may find flyaudio for Lexus has the full function as the OEM ones. But they are much more expensive.

But other than that, I'm pretty confident the Flyaudio would be the best in the market, because of its quality and the reliability.

Anyways, I will get one installed first, and post it here as well.

Originally Posted by ivanz
Ah, thanks! I was under the impression it was only available shipped from overseas. Good to know it can be bought locally.
Too bad these units can't change car settings like the MMCS can, otherwise I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:04 PM

is the Microphone of bluetooth hands free very weak on your unit too.
people are complaining that my voice is so low and i have to shout close to the unit. does any one know how is bluetooth on 8" digital screen units?
and does any one has screen problem at cold temprature on new 8" unit ?
and new unit work with RF Audio system?
Please those who have the New unit Advise me .
Thanks
Mike

Originally Posted by rockboxer
Think Ive got the same unit as you Mike and I have the same issue in the cold - cant see I can do much about it unfortunately

Mike

Last edited by mehr_ak; 02-03-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 03:28 PM

Hi Mike

Although I'm not using the unit you have, the hands free volume issue is actually very common. Most likely, that is either because the microphone is not sensitive enough or the position installed is too far away from the driver.
Or both. If the microphone on your unit is plugged in (like flyaudio), try to wire it out and put it on the A panel; make sure the microphone's direction is pointing to the driver. Or you may want to find a better microphone, like Sony or Panasonic, you will notice a big improvement there.

What I did before was using the Mic from my old Sony Walkman.

Originally Posted by mehr_ak
is the Microphone of bluetooth hands free very weak on your unit too.
people are complaining that my voice is so low and i have to shout close to the unit. does any one know how is bluetooth on 8" digital screen units?
and does any one has screen problem at cold temprature on new 8" unit ?
and new unit work with RF Audio system?
Please those who have the New unit Advise me .
Thanks
Mike

Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 PM
Default New 8" DVD GPS

Hi guys.
No one reply to my last post

I installed it and so far it seems to be ok. I have the 8" one and the microphone is on the bottom left next to where the sd slots for gps & usb are. I tested the mic by recording the voicemail greeting & listen to it couple times. It seemed to cut in/out could be my phone wireless connection (I have AT&T but I could hear myself OK. It wasn't too soft & the volume was below 20 if I recall.

Anyways, my unit came with the CAN BUS decoder thing. When I googled no one seem to sell this thing but they do sell the Mito-02 instead. So found what I read this can bus can turn on my amp. But when I listen to my speakers system it doesn't sound as good as before, the subwoofer is so weak even on max bass, not as clear, and the tweeters kinda staticky, and when I change the fader from front to back, it made the sound weaker then nothing at all like it turn down the volume instead of fading it to the back. so the fad from front to back doesn't work. Anyone know how to fix this?

So yeah I have the RF system and it seems the can bus doesn't work too well with it. I want to try the Mito-02 I heard you can retain the use of the old bluetooth. What exactly are the difference between the two?

Oh yeah I couldn't watch dvd, it kept showing the "safety warning" message even though I'm stationary, engine off, in park mode only with key on. I read you can ground the brown wire but on which end? the one going into the can bus or the end going into the device?

So far the functions on steering whell works. Mode change between navi, dvd, radio, etc. Volume works, up & down change the fm frequencies instead of the preset channels. Is there a way to fix that? I rather have it change the presets.

So I need to fix the dvd thing, make speakers sound better, maybe get the Mito-02 - oh yeah active security blinking light doesn't turn on after switching the emergency switch and circuit board to this device.

And GPS make sure you set it to 9600 baud rate & com 2 otherwise it wouldn't work.

Also gotta drill a hole to make the connections for the Sirius car kit. Too bad this device isn't Sirius ready. And no RDS channels information. But most importantly need to make this thing sound good as stock. Is it possible?

Any help/comments appreciated. Thanks

Old 02-04-2010, 03:18 AM
ash

On my 8" Unit I found that the microphone built into the unit didn't work at all, nobody could here me. I used the external microphone which came with the unit and attached it to the top of the steering wheel surround, It works okay, but I do find I have to turn the volume up quite high to hear the person on the other end of the phone.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM
Default iGo question

Im using the unit with iGo version 8 but on the main navigation screen it there are 2 huge box displaying the current freeway & next street exit. Is there any way I can make these smaller? Or get rid of these? It's blocking like half the screen.

Also anyone has a solution to why my Chinese radio doesn't fad to the rear speakers correctly?

And how to make the sub louder? I'm thinking some thing wrong with the wirings. I'm using the CanBus. Please help thanks.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:00 PM

there are lots of Igo8 skins available one line, just download a better one and change it.

For the speaker part, I know flyaudio has a screen control that, not sure if yours does, but if nothing worked, try re-set the machine.

Originally Posted by vastelectron
Im using the unit with iGo version 8 but on the main navigation screen it there are 2 huge box displaying the current freeway & next street exit. Is there any way I can make these smaller? Or get rid of these? It's blocking like half the screen.

Also anyone has a solution to why my Chinese radio doesn't fad to the rear speakers correctly?

And how to make the sub louder? I'm thinking some thing wrong with the wirings. I'm using the CanBus. Please help thanks.

Old 02-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Default Radio color code

Anyone know the radio color code for my 07 XLS with Rockford Fosgate system?

There 2 two connectors, one big and one smaller. There's even one taped up but the 2 connectors were used for the 6cd disc cd changer.

If anyone can find out the color code for each wire mean that would be great. I want to make my sound system sound as good as before and also ultilize the stock amp would be great.

I don't really know how to go about this. I got the 8" chinese radio using CanBus. I can't control the woofer gain/loss (punch setting like in the old radio), and it seems right now using my Chinese radio all my speakers are tied togeter in the front so I can't even fade to the back (it turns volume down instead then turn off at max - no sound).

I don't want to buy the Mito-02 and also have to buy the aswi-x to have control on the steering wheel (total about $160 kinda rip-off). Right now I have control on steering wheel just fine.

So far the chinese radio is working fine. It looks nice. I'll take a pic to post. I was able to put TomTom to use it as navigation which is better than iGo in my opinion.

Last edited by vastelectron; 02-07-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 AM
ash

Originally Posted by gabry75
Dear Ash Ihave the 7" unit like you in the past, I have already ask to you but now I read that you have problem with your mic.
In your opinion apart the display quality and rDS this unit is better or not compare with "your old 7"?"
I have found also 7" Navi HD monitor with 7" design that we know....
probably this is the best solution... i don't know
My old 7" Unit had no problem with the internal microphone. it worked just fine. The User interface on the 8" is a lot better than on the old unit, but it only displays the RDS Station name in small print in the top right of the radio screen, which isn't that impressive.

Old 02-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Default So what to buy and when

Hi Guys,

Theres a lot of reading on this and hats off to everyone.

I've just ordered a new GSE which I get on the 1st of March. Comes with the basic headunit but also the rear DVD player. No RF

So I guess the question is...which unit to buy and where from? Ash, Dreager, any real issues with the latest 8"?

One question I do have, I'm assuming that the rear screen is driven by the disk thats in the front head unit. Has anyone checked if the new aftermarket systems work?

Mark

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation