Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:49 AM
ash

Originally Posted by Cop

1/ 8" Screen Hi Def
2/ Ability to use Steering Wheel controls (It's my first car with them, give me a break lol)
3/ Ability to fit a reversing camera which will engage when selecting reverse
4/ RDS Radio for station names
5/ Garmin mapping
6/ Ipod connection and control
7/ The ability to use the Steering wheel bluetooth functions
8/ Aftermarket sub woofer, possibly a genuine Mits one or at least the cover, with a aftermarket one fitted inside.
1. I have the 8" Unit in my 2007 Warrior.
2. You can use the Steering Wheel Controls on it.
3. You can connect a reversing camera to it. Dont have one on my car, as mine has the reversing sensors.
4. It has RDS Station Names, but they are pretty small and not well implemented.
5. It may be possible to use Garmin Mapping, I use IGO 8 and well impressed by it.
6. It has Ipod connection, but the on screen controls don't really work as they should and it doesn't charge your ipod up.
7. Wont do that, just as easy to use the controls on the screen.
8. Can't hep on this sorry.

This is the Unit I have:

Old 05-02-2010, 04:29 PM
Cop

Cheers for the reply Ash. How you getting on with it. Worth the money?

Nige

Old 05-04-2010, 03:23 AM
ash

It probably is when you compare it to the oe system which would set you back over £2,000.00. It has it's quirks and isn't perfect by a long way.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by ash
It probably is when you compare it to the oe system which would set you back over £2,000.00. It has it's quirks and isn't perfect by a long way.
What do you mean by "isn't perfect by a long way". Please give us more details as for non-english natives.
Thank you.

Old 05-11-2010, 02:40 AM
ash

Look at my post #247 above.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:57 PM

What I really hate about these units is the software on it. The hardware design is nice and most fit in seamlessly and look 100% OEM.
However, the software interface looks like it was made by an elementary school student who had a morning deadline the next day after starting work on it. The fonts are *horrible* and I don't recall a single device I've had with such ugly fonts. There are plenty of fonts built into Windows CE that look much nicer and are way more legible.
The user interface is not consistant, intuitive, or very usable at all depending on which screen you are at. That is probably the reason I will never buy one of these until they at least make it look decent. It really cheapens the look of the Outlander when you turn it on and people see it.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:41 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have a 2001 Montero Sport XS. I am not happy with the stereo so I bought a Pioneer AM/FM-CD MP3 player. It will play 8 hours of music with 200 songs on an MP3 CD. MY question is: how do I get the old unit out without tearing the dashboard apart. The Pioneer comes with two flat tools that slide into the sides of the unit to release the unit from the dash, this does not work with the Montero stereo. Any one have any experience with this ?

Old 07-01-2010, 02:41 AM

Hi all. I'm new here and just bought a 2007 outlander. I would really like to put in a satnav / dvd player unit.

I was thinking of this one which is the one that was advertised above. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Out...item2307364810

Does anyone else have to same model and does it fit in flush with the rest of the dash? Any help would be greatly appreciated guys and otherwise it really is a big gamble.

Thanks
Jim

Old 07-01-2010, 03:18 AM
ash

Don't have exactly that same model (mine has the SD Slots in a different place), but you will find that the fascia fits well against the rest of the car fascia and is a good match. Fitting time should be less than 30 minutes as it is just a case of un-clipping the vents, unscrewing the original radio and a few other bits and plugging in the new unit and screwing it in place.

That price is pretty good.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:16 AM

Thanks for the reply Ash. I was really worried about ordering a unit that when fitted would look about as out of place as a hooker at monastery!

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation