Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:29 AM
ash

My 8" Unit is also working well. It's not the best, as the software is a bit cranky, but it works well enough for me. I especially like the IGo8 software (which didn't come with it) but works very well with this model.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM

When the unit worked, it was great for what I paid for. I expected there be software quirks and there were but it was liveable.

The chinese vendor was easy to communicate with for product details and for the sale/delivery of the product. Not the same could be said when there is an issue though.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:04 AM

I have a gut feeling that James-Forever is actually Michael of compucn.

The gmail address for an alleged business scares me.

What is your web site James-Forever?

Old 10-27-2010, 01:04 PM

Well I did it and bought a Chinese Navi DVD Player, its the ROF-1701 / CN8092 (I believe this are the same)- old version.

I was up to buy the CN8092 New Version but two guys who bought it had massive problems with the radio part (No RDS or TA working, so no traffice jam warnings as TMC is still a missing feature), time zone sync not working etc. This new version has a differnt layout for the main unit although the front seems to be identical.

Basicly I bought it second hand and overall its okay, though I wouldnt buy it new because for this price there are way to many bugs and no support (tried to contact CompuCN/ROFAudio - never got even an answer back).

The real problem is that all bugs are related to the Non-Navi underlying Firmware and those chinese manufactors dont provide firmware update/bugfixes. For my understand someone with a bit programming knowledge could easily fix those and than this unit would be an awesome
Deal, so its a unit for home-tinkerer, heh.

So, here is the rundown:

Radio works good in this version, the signal is a bit weak but It wasnt better with the original radio, I think the antenna used by mitsubishi isnt that good. RDS text is a bit small but TA works and you even can "skip" TA messages by pressing source - thats better than with mitsubishis original radio. Flaws are that sender names arnt stored or cant be editet so you have to learn frequencies -

The Media Player for DVD/CD/USB/SD: As DVD Player it works good, even memorizes where it was when turned off. As Music Player its total garbage, because shuffle or ID3 Tags are missing and while playing music you see this ugly file-browser menu which looks like it has a ripped Windows 7 desktop background, heh.

Bluetooth: When it works it works good, but: It doesnt connect correctly sometimes with my blackberry device (speech is going over blackberry instead over radio) and it has no phone book support, the "List" button seems to be just show, it has no function, you cant even press it; I testet with a lot of different mobile models to verify (rim, apple, sony-ericson etc.).

Ipod: Menu button seems to have no function - same as list for BT although it responds to tapping it. Steering Wheeel Remote Control has no skip-functions in this mode. It shows Song Name ID3 Tag and Ipod/phone is charged, but sound is awfull. You can correct this via EQ-Function in General Setup but than radio/navi sounds dont match loudness and EQ-settings for Ipod, heh.

Other flaws/bugs:

- Steering Wheel Buttons for original Mitsubishi bluetooth modul dont work usefully, although it seems possible to access them via the unit, the phone mode button turns volume down, the buttons for accept/deny calls have no functions
- Skip-Buttons dont work within Navigation mode - only volume works
- Internal BT Mikro doesnt work, i had to use external, but this could be just a normal defect and is no big problem since external does its job

Conclussion: With a bit more support in firmware updates from those chinese manufactors it would be a real deal for that money. Without that support it has to many flaws, the new version even having more problems than its predecessor.

So at the address of this chinese manufactors: Get the firmware & update support running and you have a very - or at least good product!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:45 AM
Thumbs down

After 5 months my CN8092 from Michael at CompuCN Co. Limited has died.

For a while when I accessed the GPS, it was mostly in Chinese and then I had to go through the process of resetting everything.

Today, all I get is a white screen.

I contacted Michael and he doesn't want to know about it, despite it being under warranty!

You buy from CompuCN Co. Limited or Michael then you are just asking for trouble.

I am going to have one last go to try and get a decent unit.

I have bought this http://www.autodvdgps.com/mitsubishi...en-p-1042.html

They tell me it is 8" screen, 128 meg RAM, Bluetooth phone numbers are stored, has micro sd and USB ports.

I will report when I get it.

EDIT:

Seems the above unit does not have canbus.

I have ended up ordering from James who made a post about selling the same unit as Michael.

I bought and paid for the unit last Thursday night and although it was promised that the unit would be posted on Friday, it's still in China.

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-14-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 11-20-2010, 01:10 PM

Hey, I just purchased and installed a DVD/Navi unit from autodvdgps.com in China into my 2009 Outlander. Unit is the QL-OTL971 (http://www.autodvdgps.com/mitsubishi...en-p-1042.html). It also came with a back-up camera.

Just disconnected the stock stereo (for me this was the base unit with no cd changer, etc.). and plugged in the provided harneeses and it powered up. Issues that I need help with:

Every wire was harnessed except for the "Brake", "Speed", "Reverse", and "TV" wires...they are loose and need to match up with the factory wires. Here is the problem, I have no idea which factory wires are a match to the above (color wise)??? I need these in order for the DVD and navigation (IGO8) to function properly...I think I need the reverse for the camera to work also.

Any of you guys in this forum know which factroy wires (Mitsubishi Outlander) are for "Brake", "Speed", and "Reverse"?

Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 AM

that is the one I was going to buy, however, it does not have canbus therfore your steering controls will not work.

Connect the brown wire (brake) to the black earth

What do you want to connect the reverse for?

I expect it's for the rear camera, just run the camera from the reverse wire at the reverse light.

The speed wire, I know nothing.

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-22-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:32 AM

oldsalt, thanks!

Steering wheel controls for stereo volume and station up-down work fine, steering wheel bluetooth doesn't work...never did since I didn't have it as an option when I bought the car (basic stereo package). Easy one or two clicks on the screen and I am using bluetooth in the car...ran the bluetooth provided mic wire through the left front heating vent and clipped it onto the vent. Wife says she can hear me fine.

Question...when you say connect to "black earth" what do you mean? Do you mean ground it.

It looks like I need the reverse connected to the factory control so the unit knows when to switch the screen for rear-view video.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by oldsalt
that is the one I was going to buy, however, it does not have canbus therfore your steering controls will not work.
The steering wheel controls are not CAN Bus, they are simple resistors in parallel. That's why they act up (i.e pressing volume changes track) when it is really cold or humid.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:58 PM
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by james-forever
Our price is $560 USD - Mitsubishi Outlander with latest firmware delviered (Australia only). Other countries, please feel free to contact me for further prices. Our email is multi.export@gmail.com

Misubishi Lancer , ASX also available now !! Rockford Fosgate audio system or a standard audio system compatible as well !

Regards
James
I had to pay extra for using paypal.

Last edited by oldsalt; 11-24-2010 at 12:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation