Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:40 PM

Very interesting...

Please keep us updated.

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Not Vlad, Vadim is a completely different name actually

I found the vendor on the Russian Outlander site.
The page for Outlander Navi is here.

As I was told, it is totally new unit, unlike the previous WinCE-based models.
Someone at Russian site already ordered one.

So I'll wait for the early adopter's feedback

I'll ask them about wholesale price for the batch of 2 units, at least we can save on combined shipping.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
Please keep us updated.
I definitely will!

Here is their reply:
Do you have a 3G with 1700Mhz version (Band IV/AWS)? i will check and advise later
Does HT6033AGC support WiFi? YES
I need either 1700MHz 3G or WiFi support to have internet connectivity. THEN WIFI IS OK
Is any other navigation software except for Google Maps included? ONLY GOOGLE SO FAR VIA 3G
Do you accept PayPal? YES
They also have an ATSC TV tuner, but I doubt I really need a TV in the car.

So, ryandlor, I am about to buy the unit. Are you in?

Old 11-08-2011, 08:17 PM

Sorry Vad, quick look saw vlad.

Ya I am sick of the Win Ce based units, I have one in my CX7 which is consistently failing...

And it comes with ANGRY BIRDS!

Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by ryandlor
Ya I am sick of the Win Ce based units, I have one in my CX7 which is consistently failing...

And it comes with ANGRY BIRDS!
Do you need a modem? I will order my unit without it as I will tether my phone's unlimited dataplan using either WiFi or BT.

ATSC TV tuner? Camera? Let me know so I can get an updated invoice.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:28 AM

Just a reminder, note they are saying only google map via 3G, does that mean no wifi /3G no navigation?

TV tuner is useless in Canada, since all the analog signal has been stopped since (August, if I remember correctly)

Anyways, its good to see these factories are pushing new stuff out

Old 11-09-2011, 10:41 AM

Just a reminder, note they are saying only google map via 3G, does that mean no wifi /3G no navigation?

TV tuner is useless in Canada, since all the analog signal has been stopped since (August, if I remember correctly)

Anyways, its good to see these factories are pushing new stuff out
ATSC tuner is good for us, it is the format of our new digital broadcasting - in case someone's dying for watching TV while in car

Yes, according to them no internet means no navigation.
But I will install offline navigation for sure - there are at least decent two of them for Android - Sygic and old friend iGo MyWay 2009.

The only thing I wish to have - DVD-less system, who anywhere needs that outdated media when $10 USB drive holds 8 Gigs of data, and 720p .mkv's are perfect movie format

Old 11-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Cool~~

Originally Posted by Vadimus
ATSC tuner is good for us, it is the format of our new digital broadcasting - in case someone's dying for watching TV while in car

Yes, according to them no internet means no navigation.
But I will install offline navigation for sure - there are at least decent two of them for Android - Sygic and old friend iGo MyWay 2009.

The only thing I wish to have - DVD-less system, who anywhere needs that outdated media when $10 USB drive holds 8 Gigs of data, and 720p .mkv's are perfect movie format

Old 11-09-2011, 08:02 PM

As no one wants to share shipping cost, I am ordering 1 ea tomorrow...

Old 01-11-2012, 12:09 PM

Any updates?

Old 01-11-2012, 12:36 PM

Any updates?
No. It seems that HU mentioned in my invoice is nothing but a hits-cn's wishlist. One guy from out-club.ru paid them almost 2 month ago - still haven't got his device, only several offers to send him WinCE-based one instead as Android development takes longer than expected. Moreover, despite request for Rockford support couple of weeks after the payment he was told that Android does not support it!

Huge disappointment.

The bright side is I did not wasted $600.

If they need the investment for the product development they should not have it listed as a available product. Their rep - listed in Skype as Francis Lim - is less than helpful and hardly knows anything about the products he's selling.

So I keep waiting until someone will sell a really modern device, without stupid outdated DVD drive, on Android open-source platform.

Maybe someday I will use a Arduino-based CAN bus adapter for integrating 7" Android tablet - that would be ideal infortainment device as I see it now.
Basically all I need is Rockford amp control (via CAN bus), other integration like AC mode display is optional but possibilities are really limitless.

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation