Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Default other radio

JSRD: Here is the link on that radio. i've stumbled across it on the internet too but did not like the layout

http://www.dcpvideo.com/product.asp?smtid=798

Her is a diffrent model someone else found:

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/prod...Outlander.html

Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 AM
Default My iGO Amigo is slow

MSHOKREY: iGO Amigo seems a little slow. It tells me to "turn in 100 feet" when I'm at the turn. Amigo's interface is much nicer but Route 66 was saying "turn" when I'm at the turn. Is it a settings issue with Amigo or is it just slow?

Old 08-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Owning an MMCS, the slowness of portable GPS is something I can't stand, especially the refresh rate of the screen. I drive in an area where exits can be as close as 200 feet apart. Traveling with semi's the signs are difficult to see at times so I rely on my MMCS to tell me which exit to take. It has been off a couple of time but I noticed portable GPS (tested Navigon, TomTom and Garmin) are slow and are off 3x as often. GPS should only be a guide, but when you're not familiar with the place, you will need to rely on your device to get you to your destination accurately.

Too bad it is indeed an expensive option if bought as an aftermarket. Got mine as an add-on so it even less than half the market price.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:01 PM
Default Try igo my way v8.3

Originally Posted by traveler31m
MSHOKREY: iGO Amigo seems a little slow. It tells me to "turn in 100 feet" when I'm at the turn. Amigo's interface is much nicer but Route 66 was saying "turn" when I'm at the turn. Is it a settings issue with Amigo or is it just slow?
I don't think that i'm suffering from the same issue, however try igo my way v8.3 as igo amigo seems not to be stable yet

Old 09-28-2009, 11:35 AM
Default bluetooth issue

i have the same problem with bluetooth ,other party have a hard time hearing me
i paird it with my i phone, people complaining that voice is so low and i have to talk loud and close to Mic , then i paird it with two Nokia phones (N95 and 6130) and voice is high(better than before ) but now i am told that there is alot of noise in backround like old radios .(and also robot voice some times)
i'm wondering if there is any setting for bluetooth.
the menu of my unit is different from what i see in the user manual and a bit different from the pictures posted by folks in here .
that is the only issue i have with this unit plus dvd player does not play some of the dvds with menu (original DVDs)

Originally Posted by mshokrey
Gabry and ash,

both of you pointed out that bluetooth is great and the other person says that they don't need you to raise your voice during phone conversation.

I just want to know is there any configuration you set for that cause I've had a couple of conversation through the bluetooth of the unit and the other party seems that they hear me hardly.

I hope you support me regarding that issue?

Thanks for your time

Old 09-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Default GPS Auto detect

=========
on "IGO8" you have to go to to Setting menu ==> then go to next page of the menu ==> Go to GPS , take the check mark off and then press GPS Auto detect .
it will detect your GPS and set the correct baud rate for that
now your GPS signal will be ok.

Regards,[/quote]

[quote=mshokrey;246832]Hi guys,

I ordered this unit align with the CAN BUS (as I do have rockford fosgate sound system) on 26 of June then I received it on 6 June installed it two days later.

First issue about the CAN BUS it is working guys go ahead and purchase it. I've snapped a quick photo of the can bus to show you how it looks like.

Thanks a lot for you gabry for the timeless long all people should purchase from them and thanks for pointing for that can bus

the price was 320$ for the unit 70$ for can bus + 95$ shipping charges + 34$ paypal charges.

The unit is working perfectly for sound bluetooh ipod radio. gps signal is OK

I have small problem with the GPS software. As i didn't purchase a software from the provider i Just managed to get two copies of gps software

1- I go my way v8.3.2
2- route 66

The problem is that both softwares can't detect the gps signal. I checked the gps signal through the unit native interface and it shows some signal which means it should be working.

I hope you can help me with this issue by:

1- Tell me what kind of navigation software you are using for this unit.
2- If you could upload that specific software for me to verify that the setting I'm using inside these navigation software is OK.

I hope you help me on that issue.

Old 10-06-2009, 04:16 AM
ash

I see that this unit is now available with a better looking interface, there's one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mitsubishi-Out...d=p3286.c0.m14 Which has got plenty of pictures of the screen.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:31 AM

I think all these aftermarket units are not worth the trouble. better save and buy the OEM MMCS which also gives great control on many parameters of the vehicle.

Old 10-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Default no update

I bought mine from sharingdigital.com and they say you can not update the software. I'm going to look at the manual for manufacturer contact information and see if I can ask them.

I noticed the diffrent unit has the power button on the **** and the push button is now labeled NAVI.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Smile Sticky

I think in terms of this forum this thread worth to be sticky.

Guys please tell me your opinion about that and how to make it sticky !!

Quick Reply: Chinese DVD / Radio / GPS Installation