Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Cold weather issue...strange one.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
tcp
Default RE: Cold weather issue...strange one.

I had this TSB applied today. I contacted Mitsu Canada last week about my dealer not wanting to do this update until the codes were set again(probably at a terrible time during terrible weather). They responded that they would have my dealership's service dept contact me to get this done. Well, of course they didn't call for 5 days, after which I contacted the service manager, who told me they could do it whenever was convenient for me.
I pulled into their drop off area this morning at 7:30. They replaced the relays and I was on my way at 7:35. Of course they didn't have a copy of the TSB that showed the location of the relays to replace, but I had a color copy of the posted TSB pages here and they used that. Thank you all for getting this taken care of. Especially Rancho for the pics.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:15 PM

That is why these forums are so useful to us owners...it is tough to getthe "stealership" to do their job when they don't share the information. TCP, did the dealership mention the price of the relays? I did pop the relay box (under hood) to make sure that the 4 green relays where in place.

Enjoy the Canada weather!

Old 03-05-2008, 08:51 AM
tcp

I actually called another dealer nearer my work about just buying the relays myself and saving all the hassle, before contacting mitsu Canada. They quoted me $29.75 each Cdn$. That would mean $120 in parts alone. I'm sure those relays are worth less than $5 each in the quantity Mitsubishi buys them. I actually went back after and checked that they had replaced the correct ones, inserted them properly and replaced the lid correctly...i'm very cautious about any "work" done by them after my fiasco getting the transmission TSB applied.