Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Curious about not using the OS much?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 01:56 PM
Default Curious about not using the OS much?

Hello All,
Quick question, We are some of very few here that don't use their Outlander Sport much, How often should it be driven? Since retiring We don't run around nearly as much as we used to. We will drive at most 3,000 -5,000 mi a year. We do get the Outlander Sport out at least once a week and drive it 25 miles at least and make sure 10 to 15 of those miles are freeway miles. And we do get the car up to 70- 75 mph. We live 1 mile from the freeway so that makes access to it easy. There are those occasions that we do use it more often. Seems though , since retiring, we have cut back on driving. I want to keep this Outlander Sport for a long time and don't want to let it sit more than 3 or 4 days. Smart idea??

It is a 2019 and we do keep it in a garage and are in Florida. So this outlander won't see any weather related isssues when parked. I am pretty meticulous and don't want it sitting too long I have a few snowbird neighbors that are gone 7 months and leave their car up on blocks, wheels off and battery on a charger.

We are not snowbirds so that is something I won't do.

any thoughts? we hope to make this one last a long time!