Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Decrease throttle Lag, solution!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2011, 08:02 AM

Big Dallas
Car placebo don't work on wife. I did not told her what to expect and she noticed right away and I was not even in the car. So it works well, I recommend it.

Biscuit
I did not use the OBDII connector but attached it to the inside fuse box using the Optional fuse #5 and a 10 amp fuse.

I used an adapter called "Add a Circuit" from Littlefuse.
You remove a fuse from the holder (one that stay live all the time) insert the fuse in the lower portion of the adapter (for the existing circuit) then add a fuse to the upper portion of the adapter (for the new circuit) then insert this in the fuse block at the position you removed the fuse from.
Finally insert the red wire in the crimp connector and crimp. For the white wire just crimp an eyelet and instal it at the screw position on the RH side of the fuse holder

Last edited by Claude_A; 07-23-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:22 PM

have you tried using this for fuel economy?

Old 07-28-2011, 04:23 PM

as opposed to using it for the throttle lag? would it increase MPG?

Old 07-28-2011, 05:34 PM

It could, if you are patient with an increased throttle response damping.

They claim it can but I don't know.

Attached Thumbnails Decrease throttle Lag, solution!-i-throttle-2.jpg  
Old 07-28-2011, 05:44 PM

I see, thanks for the info.. I was just curious lol I would really like getting one of these but whats the up to date info with these? MPG get effected greatly? can u still have a great response with the same MPG, just watch how much you rev?

Old 07-28-2011, 07:21 PM

As far as my experience is, You have little change in MPG in NORM or PE1 to PE3 because having a sharper throttle response stop you from mashing the pedal just to get out of the way.
Because the basic setup is dead from 0 to 10% pedal depression, in fact my setup now is PE3 and I see a better MPG from original.
We are 2 drivers me and the wife. The wife has no interest in tech stuff, she just drive and she used to cost more fuel than me by her lack of patience with the semi dead pedal. Like she said "ět's a V6 for god sake why do I have to wait."

So it's simple, make the electronic pedal work like a mechanical pedal and you save gas.

On the other hand slowing the response could be useful on bumpy roads but again there is the cruise control.

Old 07-29-2011, 08:39 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Claude_A
As far as my experience is, You have little change in MPG in NORM or PE1 to PE3 because having a sharper throttle response stop you from mashing the pedal just to get out of the way.
Because the basic setup is dead from 0 to 10% pedal depression, in fact my setup now is PE3 and I see a better MPG from original.
We are 2 drivers me and the wife. The wife has no interest in tech stuff, she just drive and she used to cost more fuel than me by her lack of patience with the semi dead pedal. Like she said "ět's a V6 for god sake why do I have to wait."

So it's simple, make the electronic pedal work like a mechanical pedal and you save gas.

On the other hand slowing the response could be useful on bumpy roads but again there is the cruise control.

excellent! will add this to my car's to do list !

Old 07-30-2011, 06:23 AM

claude so were all the wires/cables provided to install this? I know you did it differently but i wouldnt know how to install it using your setup.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:45 AM

The control unit is universal and the have special pedal Y cable for various vehicles.
As it come from the maker all you have to do is
1- disconnect the pedal connector and install the Y
2- select a location for the control unit (I used the tray in front of the fuse box)
3- connect the Y adapter to the back of the control box.
4- stick the display unit where you like and connect it to the control box.
5- either plug the OBDII connector for power or make your own connection to the fuse box (explained in a previous post)
5- Calibrate (Biscuit has supplied 2 videos link on post 1 please view them)

it's that simple...Name:  I-throttle-2-small.gif
Views: 1697
Size:  135.3 KB

Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 PM

Thanks Claude

Do you have a link to the actual product you bought?

Quick Reply: Decrease throttle Lag, solution!