Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   Detailed Rear Camera Installation (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/detailed-rear-camera-installation-18705/)

jsrd 10-14-2012 06:08 PM

New camera was installed, and the image projected on the MMCS is great in day situations, but in situations of darkness my previous camera did a better job, but nothing serious. And the look, very close to OEM camera. Thanks to Vadimus for sharing this project :)

jasongy 11-03-2012 02:35 AM

Hi vadimus can u post a like to the camera again... The item is deleted or can u post a smiliar one on ebay
Thanks

raymond 11-04-2012 10:26 AM

thanks, I installed, it works with one pioneerF940bt.
I added a switch for vision forced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVVLr...ature=youtu.be

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2012/...3144592118.jpg

Vadimus 11-04-2012 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by raymond (Post 288228)
thanks, I installed, it works with one pioneerF940bt.
I added a switch for vision forced.
camera outlander - YouTube

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2012/...3144592118.jpg

Does it look like you camera does not show the bumper?

raymond 11-04-2012 12:56 PM

the camera is here

http://nsa31.casimages.com/img/2012/...5447154356.jpg

yaser1984 11-09-2012 11:14 AM

Wooow. You do a very great job. It´s possible I install a cam in my car too. Only habe search time :)

raymond 11-09-2012 04:15 PM

thank you, easy, it is necessary to make it.

my videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GGHE...ature=youtu.be

boot screen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0yet...ature=youtu.be

MM3Canuck 12-04-2012 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Has anyone tried the wireless system?
"Wireless Rear View Mirror 4 Parking Sensors Car Reversing Kit + Backup Camera"

Vadimus 12-04-2012 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by MM3Canuck (Post 288794)
Has anyone tried the wireless system?
"Wireless Rear View Mirror 4 Parking Sensors Car Reversing Kit + Backup Camera"

I did. Still have that 3.5" screen+camera bought 5 years ago at Costco.

It could be used as a "quick and dirty" solution, when you don't have enough time or attitude for wired install.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-z...0/IMG_6230.JPG

If you often drive on narrow streets like in Bloor West Village you don't want mirror's display to show you video from security cameras of stores you drive by.

MM3Canuck 12-04-2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus (Post 288795)
I did. Still have that 3.5" screen+camera bought 5 years ago at Costco.

It could be used as a "quick and dirty" solution, when you don't have enough time or attitude for wired install.

If you often drive on narrow streets like in Bloor West Village you don't want mirror's display to show you video from security cameras of stores you drive by.

Wow, I did not think about interference. That bad? Really?

Vadimus 12-04-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by MM3Canuck (Post 288796)
Wow, I did not think about interference. That bad? Really?

2.4GHz industry standard video transmission. Works perfectly in the middle of nowhere, results in dense urban area may vary :)

MM3Canuck 12-06-2012 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus (Post 288797)
2.4GHz industry standard video transmission. Works perfectly in the middle of nowhere, results in dense urban area may vary :)

Good info, thanks :)

gotMDX 01-26-2013 03:35 PM

alternative combo..

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MM3Canuck (Post 288841)
Good info, thanks :)

I don't have a OE front navi. I like one monitor for both navi and back-up camera. So I just bought a Magellan Roadmate 5265T-LMB gps and a Magellan wireless back-up camera for $300. It will not be as nice and clean as the op but this will be a moderate $$ for what I need. I'm hoping to install it this weekend.....:cool:

Whew! It took me almost 3 hours to install because I did not have the proper tools to do the project..duh! Bestbuy was charging me $175 for the install, btw.
The camera's mounted to the license plate. I ran the wire thru the leftside license plate light enclosure and tapped it to the 12v reverse light wire. Mounted and tucked the wireless transmitter inside the tailgate frame.
Next I ran the gps and the receiver 12v line thru the dashboard compartment. I have to dismount the top cover and stereo unit to do this. Overall I am satisfied with the outcome.
I am thinking of enclosing the whole thing so it will only show the face of the gps. Any ideas on what materials to use that's easy to work with?

javiermb 05-17-2013 10:24 PM

Thanks for a great post!

Unfortunately I'm not able to see the complete Part 3 of the post or any other parts after it. Anyone knows why?

Also, I have the AUX rca inputs in the center console, are those going to the same connector on the MMCS? If I cut the five wires, would I still be able to use the AUX input?

Thanks

sakuraart 08-22-2013 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by rdenis (Post 146220)
Not a dumb question at all - the brain is only unique to the Pioneer camera (you see the camera is so smart it even hasits ownbrain - j/k). You can buy any camera that has a regular video feed and that will work fine, but let me just comment the following:

I have no tie or affiliation with Pioneer but without a doubt this is one of the best if not the BEST cameras out there. I have looked at a tonne of different camera systems - everything from the eBay specials at $50 to factory Honda, Toyota, GM, and Chrylser systems which go upwards of $500 to $600. The eBay specials typically are not wide angle and even when claiming so max out at about 100 degrees viewing angle. The factory systems which typically have wider viewing angles up to rround a true 120 degrees often have issues with low light and bright light conditions.

This Pioneer kit is a full 130 degrees and operates in the lowest levels of light and brightest daylight without issue. The best part is you can buy it for less than $200 and I guarantee you would not be happier. If you want to replicate (actually exceed) the factory system Mitsubishi offers in Japan then buy the Pioneer system - you will not regret it.

But as I said any old videosystem will work. Hell I even had my system playing Ms. Pacman when I was testing prior to getting the Pioneer camera with the "brain".

I am connecting one of these cameras right now in my 2001 Montero LTD. Took me two days so far connecting the head unit (the 7500DVD from Pioneer). Lots of cables and wires. Very nice sound, the rear cam has a dedicated RCA to the head unit. I can't wait to put it in. Although the head unit has a cable to connect to the reverse wire on the tranny, I am not going to connect it. I'm tired of splicing wires. It will be able to be viewed via a touch on the screen, at anytime while driving. So, if the dip behind you at a light is getting stupid, you can view from the cam too. I'll post how it was installed if anybody wants to know.

Bzadude 09-17-2013 01:39 AM

On the 2012 ASX the reverse signal wire is a pink wire on the smallest connector. New pioneer GPS and camera now work a treat.

pbuzz5 11-10-2013 08:38 AM

Mini USB

Hi have an UK 07 Outlander Elegance with factory camera and touch screen, the camera has packed up and when put in reverse it is only a green screen with the distance lines on it. Took the trim off inside the boot lid and found a mini usb connector, would this be for the camera as the one i bought to replace it has an RGA jack?

Vadimus 12-03-2013 01:34 PM

Attached new camera to MMCS.

The camera itself is kinda unique design, cube attached to adapter unlike previous unibody style.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-7...202_180826.jpg

Old one:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-h...0/IMAG0236.jpg

Parking radar overlay does not look that good on a bigger screen(comparing to previous 4.3" mirror display screen).
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-N...203_075143.jpg

pbuzz5 12-09-2013 07:40 AM

Sorry didn't explain very well, should my new camera connect to the existing loom with a mini usb? as the camera i brought to replace has a yellow rga jack.

Vadimus 12-09-2013 07:57 AM

There's no miniUSB on a stock harness.

Vadimus 01-07-2014 09:29 PM

Finally decided to get rid of useless parking lines as well as annoying "Check surroundings for safety"

Now it looks nice and clean:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-E...107_213137.jpg

Still going to try making a custom parking lines specific to the camera I have (lens angle, position etc). Not in -18C feels like -30C though ;)

jsrd 01-09-2014 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus (Post 298340)
Finally decided to get rid of useless parking lines as well as annoying "Check surroundings for safety"

woow, how is it done?

Vadimus 01-09-2014 03:44 PM

By changing 2 files on MMCS HDD, \ScreenData\AV\imagefiles\3H45X_DEFAULT.gif and \ScreenData\AV\GS_AV_STRING.tbl

jsrd 01-09-2014 03:55 PM

I need to do this in order to connect a GPS in reverse mode screen. Those lines are blank, or have a specific value??

Vadimus 01-09-2014 03:58 PM

First one is a GIF image, I've changed it wiping the lines off.
Another one contains most language-depending text resources, I've changed it replacing that message with line of spaces.
Please note that non-mirror image which is generally supplied by a dashcam is totally unacceptable for a rear view.

boogunoogun 01-09-2014 04:57 PM

do you need to unlock the hard drive to do that?

Vadimus 01-09-2014 05:50 PM

Correct.

jsrd 01-09-2014 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus (Post 298410)
First one is a GIF image, I've changed it wiping the lines off.
Another one contains most language-depending text resources, I've changed it replacing that message with line of spaces.
Please note that non-mirror image which is generally supplied by a dashcam is totally unacceptable for a rear view.

thanks for sharing the information, and you're right about the mirror image of the reverse mode, is something to consider in my project

Guyfromhe 01-14-2014 12:12 PM

I got a cheapie camera on eBay that looks exactly like the OEM one.
(Sony CCD so the image is good) It has it's own virtual line guidance lines that match it's lens.. I have never noticed if it's a mirror image or not.

I decided I didn't want to go to all the trouble of running a cable (I did this once in my last car and did not enjoy it) so I grabbed a digital 2.4ghz wireless TX/RX set and hooked that up to the backup lights a long with the camera and I managed to tuck everything inside the hatch...

I have an aftermarket display/stereo so I just plugged the receiver in to the supplied video and power connectors.

Anyway it's almost perfect and it's been a big help when backing up and it was an easy install..

Vadimus 01-14-2014 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Guyfromhe (Post 298563)
I got a cheapie camera on eBay that looks exactly like the OEM one.
(Sony CCD so the image is good) It has it's own virtual line guidance lines that match it's lens.. I have never noticed if it's a mirror image or not.

Could you please share a link?

Guyfromhe 01-14-2014 04:16 PM

I got the camera and a parking sensors on eBay and installed them myself...
I followed the OEM guides for locations of things so it all looks pretty stock.

The whole shebang (camera, wireless tx&rx and 4xparking sensors) cost me about $50 and works extremely well for the price.. I am sure a wired factory camera works better but does it work $350 better with all that extra labor? I doubt it... The pictures a little grainy but I'm not making prints, I am using it to see where a wall is.

Well the camera was called an outlander-cyanne camera I got it on eBay for $15 or so... -> CCD Rear View Reverse Camera Fit for Mitsubishl Outlander Cayenne | eBay

I don't know if it's really a Sony chip, I believe it's a CCD because it looks better than CMOS camera's I have used in the past.

It fit perfectly in the cutout in the plastic that was already in my car (I don't know if they always cut out that slot or if mine had a camera at one point)

The clear plastic is larger than the hole so it can't fall out even if it's not screwed down and all you see of it is a little square nub pointing out at an angle just like in the OEM pics.

Works well as long as the lens isn't covered with crap and seems to have enough light to work better than my last one that had IR leds at night.

I got this wireless transmitter:
2 4G Wireless Video Transmitter Receiver for Car Backup Camera and Monitor | eBay
I think that cost me another $15.... I had one of these before I never had problems with it cutting or or interference..

And finally this aftermarket HU:
Sale Car DVD GPS Navigation With dual-core/3Zone POP 3G/WIFI/20 Disc CDC/ DVD Recording/ Phonebook / Game For MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER

Again has it's flaws but it almost 5 times cheaper than an OEM nav and it works with the Rockford system.

If anyone's interested I can put up some pics later on.

Vadimus 01-14-2014 05:33 PM

That's basically the same camera I got, the only thing I found a seller able to send me camera without parking lines.

The cutout is stock one.

Btw I am going to change installation method to make it completely stock-like, hiding the camera a bit deeper:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Z...0/IMAG0685.jpg

All we need is to unscrew transparent adapter and mount it on liftgate's metal.

martin08 03-20-2014 09:43 AM

Mitsubishi Lancer Rear Camera

3 Attachment(s)
I am trying to install rear camera on a 2008 Lancer. Please could somebody confirm if this is correct.

On the mmcs you connect to the 12 pin connector (top right).
Pin 3 will be the + Video (which is the wire that connects to the middle pin on a phono).
Pin 5 is - Video (which is the wire which connects to the outer casing of a phono (ground)).
Pin 6 is connected to the cars ground (chassis).

So that’s how you connect the video cable to the mmcs, then as for the rest you just connect the camera power to the reverse light power +12V and neg. On my lancer it is a thick white wire for the +12V and a black for neg.
I did notice when I took the panel off to get to the reverse light, a 2 pin connector with nothing connected to it, which I guess is for the reverse camera. But as there is no connector on my mmcs and I am mounting the camera on the number plate light and not boot lid it will be easier to put my own wiring in.
I traced the wires from the boot lid into the boot, and there is a connection block on the left side towards top (by wheel arch). This block is where all the wires from rear lights go too, so it will be easier to tap off reverse light from there. Rear parking sensors are already tapped off reverse light power, so it easy for me to see which wire to use.

See attached image for example of camera I bought. You should notice a red wire on the video cable (cable at top of image). I have checked this cable and it is not connected to any of the video wires (+Ve & -Ve). What is this wire for ?
There is a wiring diagram for these cameras attached, but that red wire doesn’t make sense to me. It looks like it is putting +12V back into the mmcs which I don’t think you need to do.

Please could somebody help as I don’t want to connect wires to mmcs that are wrong and damaged the unit.

Vadimus 03-20-2014 10:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Red wire is needed if you want to power camera from the headunit. Not your case.
Power camera from reverse light, connect 2 pins top middle (video signal ground, tip and ring of the "phono" respectively) to the connector on your pic#3.

Louage 03-20-2014 12:28 PM

Hi all, I've just made up a cable for this but I'm not 100% sure it's correct - the Red will be Video In

Green and Black are spliced together and will go down the shielding of the video in cable thus grounding - will this work? Or do I need to put one down the shielding of the video cable, and ground the other near the MMCS?

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/...psf6c0e55a.jpg

Thanks!!

martin08 03-20-2014 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus (Post 300448)
Red wire is needed if you want to power camera from the headunit. Not your case.
Power camera from reverse light, connect 2 pins top middle (video signal ground, tip and ring of the "phono" respectively) to the connector on your pic#3.

So if I want power from head unit where do I get it from ?

I guess if I get power from head unit I can look at rear camera without having to put the car in reverse.
Say if you were driving and want to see behind you, couldn't you just go to camera settings to display camera. Where as if wired to reverse light for power it could only come on if the car is in reverse.

Vadimus 03-20-2014 12:49 PM

MMCS supplies to stock camera only around 6V, pink wire.

I've wired my camera to the pin powered if ignition is on (rear wiper connector), so I can enter camera settings and see live image without need to put car in reverse).

Sebba 03-20-2014 01:07 PM

Anyone see all the ****ing link backs? DAAAAMN.

Vadimus 03-20-2014 01:25 PM

Nope.

martin08 03-21-2014 02:37 AM

Does anybody know anywhere else I can get 12V from for the camera. Somthing from the back would be good, or where on the mmcs gives 12 volts out ? But I think it would be better to have 12 volts all the time the ignition is on rather than when car is in reverse.