Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

"Different" Chinese DVD player Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Default "Different" Chinese DVD player Question

I have read through the entire thread named "Chinese/DVD/GPS Installation" and cannot find anything on the model below and I am thinking about buying it:

MBS7031 from smartauto24 dot com. I have communicated with the vendor and it has the can-bus module and works with the steering wheel bluetooth and volume controls, works with gps and audio at the same time, doesn't have to load the unit to show the backup camera screen, etc..etc..etc..

NO ONE on here has said anything about this vendor or this model but several other forums list some of their other products for other vehicles and I cannot find anything particularly bad about them or their units.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the vendor or this model? I don't want to make a poor $500 dollar purchase if anyone has any insight on the matter. Here is the specs they list:

Mitsubishi Outlander DVD Player - Outlander GPS Navigation System - All-in-One ICE Head Unit
DVD Player, GPS Navigation, Bluetooth Phone, A2DP Music, Radio, CAN-BUS, Steering Wheel Control, Rockford Fosgate Audio, USB Slot, Digital TV Optional
Note: This unit can also be fitted into Peugeot 4007 & Citroen C-Crosser

Include CAN BUS Box Which Support Rockford Fosgate Audio System
7.0 inch digital HD full touch screen(800*480)
Built-in GPS Navigation System, Bluetooth and TV tuner
Compatible with DVD,VCD,CD,MP3,MPEG4,CD-R,WMA and JPEG playbacks
Intelligent steering wheel control
USB port and SD card slot
Car parking rearview signal input support
Parking close TFT automatically
Handbrake control
Electronic anti-shock protection
Full function remote control
PAL,NTSC and SECAM systems
Perfect compatibility
2 AV output, aux audio and video inputs
RCA audio output
Power: 12V DC
GPS Navigation System: WinCE.net 5.0 CORE

Old 12-02-2010, 08:53 PM

Same Junk different Pile....

Its a risk either way....

Its coming from China, so if there is a problem..You basically have to go through government office to get your unit fixed and back.

Not worth the headache....

Old 12-02-2010, 09:05 PM

mahicks3322,
ask them how does this unit work with Rockford Fosgate - are subwoofer punch, fader, field controlled?

Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
mahicks3322,
ask them how does this unit work with Rockford Fosgate - are subwoofer punch, fader, field controlled?
Vadimus, not sure I understand your question. Please ellaborate and I will ask them.

Last edited by mahicks3322; 12-02-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: speling ishu
Old 12-03-2010, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by mahicks3322
Vadimus, not sure I understand your question. Please ellaborate and I will ask them.
Both 6 disc changer and navi factory units utilize the following features of this amplifier:
  • Subwoofer Punch Control
  • Field Control (Stage, Live etc)
  • Type Control (Rock, Jazz etc)
  • Fader Control
  • Ballance
Check the Audio settings of you factory radio or Navi.

Most Chinese units do not control Rockford Fosgate amplifier properly. Some of them do only send On/Off signal to amplifier, without any adjustments listed above. Sometimes rear speakers and sub don't work at all, as such DVDs send audio only to front speakers.

Last edited by Vadimus; 12-03-2010 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:53 AM

Both 6 disc changer and navi factory units utilize the following features of this amplifier:
  • Subwoofer Punch Control
  • Field Control (Stage, Live etc)
  • Type Control (Rock, Jazz etc)
  • Fader Control
  • Ballance
Check the Audio settings of you factory radio or Navi.

Most Chinese units do not control Rockford Fosgate amplifier properly. Some of them do only send On/Off signal to amplifier, without any adjustments listed above. Sometimes rear speakers and sub don't work at all, as such DVDs send audio only to front speakers.
Thanks for the info. I did not know that. Actually, for my application it is not important because I have bluetooth but I have the non rockford system. The reason I want to upgrade is because I am installing a custom sound system with a different amp and custom fiberglass subwoofer. I was going to buy a JL audio line converter for the factory head unit so I can retain the bluetooth and steering wheel buttons AND keep the dash looking stock but I am afraid even with the technology of the JL unit that the sound would not be right so I thought one of these custom fit dvd players would do the trick.

I will ask the distributor your questions so it can help others on the forum. As for me, I may continue to look for a better solution to fit my needs. What would everyone on the forum recommend for my situation of stock dash look, all steering wheel buttons working, good quality signal for the amp, retain bluetooth use??

Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by mahicks3322
I will ask the distributor your questions so it can help others on the forum. As for me, I may continue to look for a better solution to fit my needs. What would everyone on the forum recommend for my situation of stock dash look, all steering wheel buttons working, good quality signal for the amp, retain bluetooth use??
There is no way to keep stock BT if changing headunit!

BT module designed to work with original radio/navi only.

With Chinese DVD (or brand 2din unit like Pioneer or Clarion) it is up to the new unit to provide BT functionality. Only steering wheel buttons and (very rarely) roof-mounted microphone could be utilized.

Old 12-03-2010, 05:25 PM

There is no way to keep stock BT if changing headunit!

BT module designed to work with original radio/navi only.

With Chinese DVD (or brand 2din unit like Pioneer or Clarion) it is up to the new unit to provide BT functionality. Only steering wheel buttons and (very rarely) roof-mounted microphone could be utilized.
Now this I knew. It is only the steering wheel buttons that are important. The factory mic location is good but is not that great of a mic so using another or swapping it wouldn't be a bad thing.

Let me try to requestion the matters correctly :-)
1. What does anyone think of the chinese unit above? (I assume crap so I will go to the next questions)

2. Does anyone recommend or not recommend the JL audio cleansweep for use on the stock Mitsubishi Non Rockford Fosgate head unit? This would allow me retain a factory stock dash look and all the buttons and features of the vehicle.

3. Has ANYONE done an install with a non chinese double din head unit on an outlander and had
A. good factory dash look?:
B. Had Bluetooth they were happy with.
C. Able to use the volume, bluetooth, pickup, hangup buttons on the steering wheel?

Old 12-03-2010, 07:54 PM

mahicks3322,
there are some real-life reports on using non-chineese headunits in Outlander here.

You can register there for being able to see links and images if needed.

The Google translation is sometimes funny as any machine translation, so if you find interesting but unclear things, I can translate it to you.
Units by Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, JVC and Clarion are mentioned there.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:10 PM

mahicks3322,
there are some real-life reports on using non-chineese headunits in Outlander here.

You can register there for being able to see links and images if needed.

The Google translation is sometimes funny as any machine translation, so if you find interesting but unclear things, I can translate it to you.
Units by Pioneer, Sony, Alpine, Kenwood, JVC and Clarion are mentioned there.
thanks! this is going to take awhile! A lot of it doesn't translate right. I think i figured out how to register. This is going to be fun!