Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DIY Aux input wanted :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 07:11 AM
Default DIY Aux input wanted :)

Hi all,

I just bought an 07 Outlander Elegance - love it, brilliant car.

Its got the MMCS thingy with the nav and DVD and wotnot, but no rear screens or camera (dunno if thats relevant...)

Anyway, i've been wanting to plug in an mp3 player via 3.5mm minijack, but have been so far stumped. I've been reading and reading these forums and this is where i've got to:

- AUX *does* appear as an option in the Audio menu, and when selected I hear occasional clicks and stuff

- the AUX port on the bottom of the nav screen is not for audio (its for updates or something?)

- there's no minijack or RCA inputs anywhere, as far as I can tell

- behind the central console, when I popped off the cover, there was a cable thats seated in a little holder on the plastic cover.

- ive read that this cable can be turned into RCA or minijack input (and maybe composite video too?).

So, what i'd love to do is get something that plugs into that connector and gives me either a stereo minijack or - at a push - white/red RCA connectors, and maybe cut a hole in the central armrest thingy to make the connector available inside there, beside the 12v connector.

http://i60.servimg.com/u/f60/11/10/06/50/img_3910.jpg - thats the connector im talking about... (someone else's picture but mine's the same, basically).

So, is there something I can plug into that connector, or do I need to cut the connector off and solder on a minijack myself? If the latter, which pins do I need?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help...

Old 04-09-2013, 02:26 AM

You don't need to cut/solder anything. See the thread labelled "No AUX option on MMCS," I listed the official part numbers for the back console plastic trim and the connector themselves.
If you want to do it yourself without using OEM parts, you can download the service manual and get the pinout for those wires. Soldering/cutting will be required, however.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:28 AM

Hi rory

I'm in the same position I have an elegance 09 in the UK. I have just ordered the part in question that should hopefully be arriving in the next couple of weeks from the states. I tried my local dealer but they said there was a back order.
I will let you once it has arrived. Hopefully it will work.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 AM

Thanks ivanz, i'll check it out.

Xapis - keep us posted as to how you get on.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:36 AM

Adapter should be arriving next week. Do we know if there is an aux in motion patch?

Thanks