Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DIY Paddle Shift on my 07 LS Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by alim
Please show us a pic of the 3 wires for the 07 outlander to connect the paddle shifters and how they connect to them if you've already done so. Those of us who want to have the paddle option will really thank you for it.

There is brown connector on the bottom left side. cut the blue and gray wires. the blue is for down shift and gray for up shift, then you need find a spot to connect the ground. good luck!

Attached Thumbnails DIY Paddle Shift on my 07 LS Outlander-img_5425.jpg  
Old 10-01-2010, 04:35 PM

Tnx Bio, Please let us know how yours turn out after you get your parts.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:55 PM

Did you ever get a chance to trace where those wires go? According to the service manual, blue and gray wires go from the brown connector (C-34) to a 3 pin one (C-208). This is where the OEM paddle shifters are supposed to plug in to.

Old 10-02-2010, 06:10 PM

Congratulations. I noticed the plug on the paddle shift has the 3 wires exposed. Will they reach all the way down to the wires cut from the harness or do you actuall need to add wires?

Please post a step-by-step DIY so it's smooth sailing for us who will do this in the near future.

Finally, how much did the parts cost you total?

Old 10-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Did you ever get a chance to trace where those wires go? According to the service manual, blue and gray wires go from the brown connector (C-34) to a 3 pin one (C-208). This is where the OEM paddle shifters are supposed to plug in to.

C208 is only for XLS model, my 07 LS has no this connector.
C34 and C35 are directly connect on A/T ECU, and one give blue wire and the other gives gray wire. Those two wires trace down to a 17 pins mid-connector C28, which you can find in my pic., the brown one. The blue and gray wires are on #9 and #10 pin and stopped there, nothing come down after the connector. I just cut the wires there and connect to the paddle.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by alim
Congratulations. I noticed the plug on the paddle shift has the 3 wires exposed. Will they reach all the way down to the wires cut from the harness or do you actuall need to add wires?

Please post a step-by-step DIY so it's smooth sailing for us who will do this in the near future.

Finally, how much did the parts cost you total?

The paddle only come with a connector, I built a plug and those wires are on the plug.

It's not difficult to connect the wires, if you know where to find that 2 wires. however it's not easy to take the steeling wheel off, there is some tricks.

Actually, I am trying to make some small money by providing the paddle/ cover kits and installation instructions on ebay. What do you think about $500? If you live in great Toronto area, I am more than happy to install it for you.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:46 PM

By the way, the paddle shift can be used on both 3.0 V6 AT and 2.4 CVT model, even on lancer!

Old 10-03-2010, 12:33 PM

Unfortunately, I live in the U.S. However, it might be difficult to find takers for $500 for this upgrade.

It all depends on the cost of the parts such as the paddles and cover. But you do deserve credit for your had work. Let us know if you do post on ebay.

Old 10-04-2010, 09:08 AM

thanks alim, maybe i should think about the price; you are right, it really depends on the cost of the parts. If you have those parts, I can tell you how to do it.

Old 10-04-2010, 12:33 PM

I'll be checking into the parts cost sometime this week or next.

Thank You for the offer to help with the instructions.

I've been itching to get paddles for the outie for quite a while now.

Quick Reply: DIY Paddle Shift on my 07 LS Outlander