Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

do the outlander sport uses the same brake pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Default do the outlander sport uses the same brake pads

If I get pads listed for the sport will it work on my GT

Old 10-19-2013, 12:56 PM

I would doubt it.

Take the guess work out and order for the correct vehice That way you know that they will work.

Old 10-20-2013, 01:08 AM

Outlander Sport uses different calipers, so I'm going to doubt that it uses the same pads.

ETA:

Originally Posted by Antilock Braking System (ABS)
The braking system on Mitsubishi's compact crossover is essentially mechanically identical to that found on the larger Outlander SUV, save for a few critical design changes for improved performance and safety.

The ability of the Outlander Sport to reduce its speed rapidly in emergency braking situations has also been improved with a design revision to the brake booster. When the system concludes that the driver is in a situation that requires instantaneous braking (the system determines this by a quicker than normal operation of the brake pedal), a mechanical locking mechanism inside of the brake booster is momentarily deactivated, thus increasing the braking system's power beyond that of a normal braking situation.

Another key difference is that the Outlander Sport features new brake calipers that reduce drag by a full 30 percent to those equipped on the Outlander in yet another comprehensive effort on the behalf of Mitsubishi to help improve fuel economy. The Outlander SUV, Outlander Sport CUV makes use of 16-in. ventilated brake discs at all four corners, but with a larger diameter single-piston on the front brakes to the Outlander's dual-piston design, with a slightly smaller single-piston utilized on each of their vehicle's rear rotors.

Last edited by Burtonrider10022; 10-20-2013 at 01:19 AM.