Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Does anybody have more layout images of the center console wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Default RE: Does anybody have more layout images of the center console wiring

So I checked out the panel for the rear seat drop in the cargo area. From the best I can tell there is no wire in there running to the seats. Looks like you would need to run the cable in addition to adding the switch. Also noticed there is one on both sides. The models that have the rear seat drop switches do they have one on both sides?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM

azchipka, do you have some photo from the back of the panel in where goes placed the unfolding switch? To be able to obtain this function, I thing that two motors are necessary and the go in the bottom part of the second row seats, and I believe that the connectors for the motors are just here. . .

Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 PM

Not sure I understand what you mean by a photo from the back of the panel where the unfolding switch goes, do you a mean a photo with the entire side panel removed. If so Im happy to pop the panel off and take a picture of it but its raining outside at the moment and I dont have a garage so it will need to wait till the rain stops. Anything else you want photos of while Im taking things apart.
ORIGINAL: jsrd

azchipka, do you have some photo from the back of the panel in where goes placed the unfolding switch? To be able to obtain this function, I thing that two motors are necessary and the go in the bottom part of the second row seats, and I believe that the connectors for the motors are just here. . .

Old 09-12-2008, 12:56 PM

If you look at my original post you will see the switch for the seats. There is one switch (a space for it) on each side. It does not matter if you have the XLS or the LS models both have them at the back.

Old 09-12-2008, 01:04 PM

Recently to my Out the panel was retired him where unfolding switch goes, but I did not saw the part of back of the panel and I lost the opportunity to check this. I use a translator oin line to follow the forum and perhaps sometimes the translation is not exact, but I have thought about making this modification and I will try to also watch if there is the prewiring for unfolding. Perhaps in addition, a configuration in the ETACS is required to that this works. . .

Old 09-13-2008, 12:55 PM

I looked under the passenger's seat and I have a little black box attached to the frame and 2 wires hooked up to nothing (just hanging there). The drivers side has 1 wire available too.

Does anybody know what those are? (maybe the seat heater cables and something else?)

it's an LS model btw

Old 09-13-2008, 01:17 PM

does this help?

[IMG]local://upfiles/18005/C07831F2F61D4FD7A777B56CA3673D7B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-13-2008, 01:17 PM

Maybe post a picture could help determine what it is. The XLS has a ton of wires under booth seats ranging in use from the power seat adjustments, Amp cables, and heated seat cables, and depending on the year also the cables for the power inverter. Other then those can't think of any cables that would / should be down there.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:43 AM

I know this comes quite late for the thread, but here's some info I found myself, valid at least for european outlanders.

The accessory schematics show no AC (220V) circuit, however the fuse mapping on the fuse box that sits near driver's left leg has a slot of an AC adaptor fuse.

given that the AC fuse is not there (in my car) I would guess that there's no dedicated line going to the center box either..

If you are to use the battery line of the center box accessory socket, that's limited to 120W (15A fuse).
I managed to blow the fuse after a few trips with the 90W laptop charger connected via a 140W Belkin invertor (that has a 20A fuse )

If anybody's still interested, I will try to find again the relevant circuit diagrams....