Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Door unlocking sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Default Door unlocking sensor

My question relates to unlocking the doors in the car without using the keyfob. What I mean is when you step up to the car and pull on the door handle and the door unlocks automatically without having to dig for keys or press the unlock button on the fob.

I read the manual about this and it states that if the passenger or rear hatch door is opened, then all the doors will unlock. However, if you open the driver's side door then only the drivers door will unlock. This is a minor inconvenience for me, because often I want all doors to unlock when I open the driver's side door, so I'll have to open my door and then hit the unlock button inside the door. Now, the manual states that this behavior can be modified so that when you open the drivers door all doors unlock, but it says to go to the dealer to do this. I don't particularly want to go there and be charged $100 for service just to change something that will probably take them 2 mins to do. I don't have the nav unit so I can't change it that way, but is there a way to do this myself? If not, has anyone gotten this done at the dealer and have they charged you?

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Default RE: Door unlocking sensor

I have not paid money my dealer by any reprogramming, and is something that makes in less than 5 minutes, so I don't understand because cost too much money for you. I have the MMCS and I myself I make this adjustment. . .

Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 PM

my dealer would do it for probably 5 bucks lol. make friends with him.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:12 AM

They charged me $30, that's less than $100, but still way too much as far as I'm concerened, but I had no other choice.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:49 AM

Well $100 was just my estimate based on how stealerships try to rip you off over every small thing. But yeah, I'd say $30 is too much for something that takes just about no work and they could probably do in their sleep. Just out of curiosity what other functions can they change in the car?

Old 01-12-2009, 11:07 AM

EDIT

oh you don't have MMCS.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM

First I will admit to working at a dealership.Unfortunately there are to many "stealerships" in this industry that give the few decent shops a bad name.

I talked to our techs and as far as anybody knew the only way to change the doorlock setting is through the computer.If you don't have one or access to one then I'm afraid that a dealer may be your best/only bet.

That said here's some thoughts for you.At our dealership if you bought the car here a setting change such as this would be done for you at no charge.If you bought the car at a Mitsubishi dealership call the salesperson you worked with or the sales manager explain that you bought the car there and what you would like to have done ask them if as a customer that will be taken care of for you and if they can set that up with service.Sometimes service doesn't realize what sales will offer to their customers so it can be a good idea to use the sales department to get what you want as a valued customer.

Also our service dept informs me that if they were to charge for this it would be under $20 at our dealership.

Goodluck!

Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM

If you bought the car at that dealership then they should do the reprogram for free. You didnt know about the option till now, otherwise you would of had them do it on the lot.

I ordered side sill guards and the rear cargo cover 2 months after I bought the car. They gave me 20% off because I had bought the car recently.

Do it at your next oil change/service and say you found out about the option and if they would please reprogram it for you. That way they are charging for the oil change and wont have the purpose of charging you for the reprogram. In other words, they might want to charge you if thats the only thing that needs done...

Old 01-12-2009, 02:50 PM

with all due respect. service centers are in the business of making money.
you dont walk into a grocery store and demand the milk only be a dollar because thats what YOU think it should cost.
there is no need to hack on this motor company. look at what they give you for the price you get it at.
compare that to other automakers out there and you will realize that you are getting a kick *** deal.
be grateful for the good things people. sheesh.

Old 01-12-2009, 03:37 PM

bring a box of donuts with you....there is always a tech in the shop that likes donuts...lol

Quick Reply: Door unlocking sensor