Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Door unlocking sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Default RE: Door unlocking sensor

I got It done for free at the same time I got my oil service done.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:00 AM

I have much more good than bad things to say about the Outlander. think of the complaints as constructive criticism. I don't think anybody on this forum has said that they wanted to get anything for less than the reasonable price, If I offer you apint of milk for $25 with a Mitsubishi logo on it, will you buy it? I'll even through in 12 donuts.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 AM

Yeah I think I'll try getting it done when my next oil change is due. That way they're still making something out of me and wouldn't feel the need to charge me. I would be taking it to the dealership that I bought it from, so, hopefully, they would treat me right. Although honestly, I've heard some bad things about the service centres at Mitsubishi dealerships in Canada.

And BrodyGuy: when you say "look at what they give you for the price you get it at" you're not really comparing apples to apples here. I made another post regarding some frustrations with my radio/steering wheel functions and what I said there was the finished touches, the polish, just isn't the same as it is with some other car companies. It's the difference between Honda/Toyota and Hyundai for example. You wouldn't pay the same amount for a Hyundai as you would for a Honda, or for a BMW! My mom owns a Rav4, which I would say is the Toyota equivilent of the Outlander, and while the Rav 4 is a bit more, you pay for the quality and polish that goes into that - and it's very evident in the car (the materials are a little nicer, controls/functions make more sense, etc). Not that I'm ragging or hating on the Outlander - it's a great car (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it!), but there are some quirks here and there where I look at and I say "hmm, this wouldn't be like this in a Honda".

...But that's besides the point anyways

Old 01-13-2009, 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: tareks
It's the difference between Honda/Toyota and Hyundai for example. You wouldn't pay the same amount for a Hyundai as you would for a Honda, or for a BMW! My mom owns a Rav4, which I would say is the Toyota equivilent of the Outlander, and while the Rav 4 is a bit more, you pay for the quality and polish that goes into that - and it's very evident in the car (the materials are a little nicer, controls/functions make more sense, etc). Not that I'm ragging or hating on the Outlander - it's a great car (otherwise I wouldn't have bought it!), but there are some quirks here and there where I look at and I say "hmm, this wouldn't be like this in a Honda".
We all know what you are saying one way or another. One thing to keep in mind is that Mitsubishi is not the caliber of Toyota/Honda. And for most of the 2000s they have been a strugling car company. This new approach they have now is sort of like a discount luxury vehicle. You can still get a base Mitsu for a great price, but within reason you can get some really nice add ons for a good price. But for these things, they have left some of the detail work out. But to have HDD Nav, FAST key, fold-down tailgate, paddle-shifters, self-leveling HID, factory sub, back-up camera, etc... to come from Mitsubishi, is amazing!

What they pretty much have put together is, "with the same amount of money, what would the standard joe like to have in his vehicle?" And in this economy with gas prices they have in a way thrown up this "hail mary" with the Lancer and Outlander with the amount of options/goodies you can stuff in them. So like i said, you can get these cars still at a pretty low price, or if you want, get some options that are not matched by anything intheir class. The sacrifice is going to be the detail pieces...

My favorite part of the day is when someone in a Lexus rx 350 comes up and says "you have what in that car? and you paid what?" haha, makes me smile every time .

Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 AM

tdford: the only thing with the HDD Nav, is (at least here in Canada) it costs $4,000 to add it as an option!!! That's an INSANE amount of money for a nav unit. I can get an aftermarket nav which blows the oem nav out of the water for $1500 (Kenwood DNX8100), add a rear view cam for another $150-200 and get it installed for another $200. So for half the price I'd get an amazing feature filled aftermarket nav. Of course it isn't oem at the end of the day, but $4,000 for a navigation unit is just crazy talk. It's no wonder my dealer's computer showed only 5 08 Outlanders (without nav) left in the entire province butsomething like 20 WITH nav units left. People just don't pay $4,000 for a stock nav unit!

Old 01-13-2009, 11:22 AM

It doesn't cost that much if you buy it as part of the car (e.g. built-in from factory, e.g. factory option). What will kill you is when you buy it as after sales accessory. It use to retail $2000+ in 2006-2007. But when I bought my Outlander, I'm doing the math and I probably got the MMCS for less than $1000, and at that price is less than what I'd pay for if I got an aftermarket Kenwood or Pioneer, and 3rd party won't even let you program the ETACS ECU, or give you telemetry data for your car.

Old 01-13-2009, 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

It doesn't cost that much if you buy it as part of the car (e.g. built-in from factory, e.g. factory option). What will kill you is when you buy it as after sales accessory. It use to retail $2000+ in 2006-2007. But when I bought my Outlander, I'm doing the math and I probably got the MMCS for less than $1000, and at that price is less than what I'd pay for if I got an aftermarket Kenwood or Pioneer, and 3rd party won't even let you program the ETACS ECU, or give you telemetry data for your car.
No when I was at the dealership buying the Outlander I was looking into getting the one with the Nav option and the sales manager told me it was $4,000 more. I even looked at his invoice AND the invoice online (carcostcanada.com) and the invoice price on the stock nav unit (built into the car from the factory) is like $3,795 or so. The sales person even told me it's just not worth the money. The reason it's so much is because it comes with a rear seat DVD unit as well (which I would never use). He told me he'd love to give it to me for as cheap as possible since they had so many Outlanders w/ navs lying around, but there was absolutely no markup on it so they couldn't do anything. If it was $1000-$2000 I would have been all over that

Old 01-13-2009, 12:27 PM

I guess you do things differently in Canada. In 2006, the DVD RES was not available as a factory option in the XLS. So 4000 Cad$ for MMCS+RES? That's not bad actually. But like you said you don't want the RES, so I guess the practical solution for you is 3rd party, Or just be patient and there might be some MMCS that will show up in eBay or in this forum. Did you consider mitsupartsman's offer? Looks like that's a good deal.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 PM

I saw the nav package from mitsupartsman for $1195 which is a fantastic price, but honestly I could get the Kenwood DNX8120 for the same price which is arguably the god of all indash nav/entertainment units. If I were to get an oem nav unit, I'd want to get it with the car already installed so it's 100% stock. If I have to buy it myself and then install it then I'll just buy an aftermarket unit which is better, has more functions and capabilities and more customizable. The only thing that I'd really be losing out on (that I would use) is being able to change functions in the car (like the door unlocking sensor), but that's okay.

But if someone wanted the oem nav unit, mitsupartsman has them for an amazing price!!! Anyone who wants one should grab it now before the special is out!!

Old 01-13-2009, 01:29 PM

So I guess you had your mind set for the Kenwood nav, why are we even having this discussion?

Quick Reply: Door unlocking sensor