Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Driving lights on ZG

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Default Driving lights on ZG

has anyone replaced the fog lights with driving lights.
I don't live in a fog prone area but we have lots of roos and just lately deer at sun up and sun down.
My ZG has no lights so I have look at could adapt some driving lights to the holes in the bumper. I am wondering about wiring it into the switch on my steering column.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:37 AM

Roos AND deer??! Where the hell do you live?!

My '12 XLS (Lancer face, don't know the designation) has the "fogs", but they are set up as driving lights I believe; I don't think any of the Aus ones are set up as foglights as such? I believe they just come with the standard white halogens.
So does your column actually have the seperate "fog" ring on the lights stalk, which is a momentary turn for "on" and momentary turn for "off"? If so, it may(!) be an almost plug'n'play situation, but I really have no idea about the wiring/programming of the Outlander yet, and haven't really checked out any others up close to compare.

Old 03-15-2014, 06:36 AM
Default I live up on the Central Coast of NSW

The roos are everywhere, a local guy died and he had a deer farm so we have seen a number of them wandering across the roads. A local woman hit on last year and wrote of her landrover. We are in a place called Wyee. Google it. Not far from everything but a long way if there are fires.
On my light stalk there is a switch for fog lights.