Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DRL to replace Fog kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:59 PM
Default RE: DRL to replace Fog kit?

mitsupartsman, can you source that part? It will also be nice if you have the parts and diagram to enbale auto-lights for 07 and 08 Outlanders. I have an 07 XLS, and it comes with the sensor preinstalled. I am interested in doing the fog light mod you described, but if I had to do it, might as well buy the stalk for the auto lights and do that mod also, if that's possible in the 07.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:29 PM

so how will it be programed? Does the dealer know how to do it?

Old 12-07-2008, 12:09 AM

mitsupartsman is the best guy to ask at this point because he's a dealer himself. It's good we have him on board. I think he deserves the business he gets since he is a big help to us in return.

Old 12-07-2008, 01:19 PM

Yes, he is amazing!!! So it sounds like he is trying to figure out how we can have the ETACS programed without having to the dealer do it. So let us know.

Im not to particular about the auto light stalk. I guess if it can work, then great. Otherwise oh well. The main thing was being able to have the fogs on with HID on.

One question mitsupartman.... so you are saying the if the fogs are drl, then the bulb is different compared to just the straight fog setup with out hid. So is the housing different from the two setups, or is it just different bulbs? With the new relay is it possible for the brighter bulb?

Old 12-07-2008, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: tdford
Yes, he is amazing!!!
I agree. . .

Old 12-08-2008, 08:10 AM

here is the procedure to code the ETACS also the part number i listed for the switch has an auto featurethat is currently used in the 2008 Lancer.
btw this procedure puts theETACS in coding mode to add the auto function follow this procedure but substitute the fog switch for the auto switch.

Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 AM

this is what the foglamp housing looks like and the different bulbs.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:50 AM

Hi mitsupartsman, so we don't need anything else except the appropriate light stalk and the ecu programming to enable auto-headlights? i guess the 07-08 outlanders are all prewired for it too then.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:11 AM

I have DRLs on my 07 XLS, do I need to run a separate set of wires for the fog light mod to work? or do I just need to put in the relay and appropriate switch and re-use the wires of the DRLs for the fogs?

And one more thing, what does the fog lamp kit (MZ380376EX) include? does it have the stalk, relay, housing and bulb?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:18 PM

no extra wires are needed. the foglamps and drls use the same circuit when switched on by the etacs. there is a splice location under the relay box.

the fogkit includes the new halogen lamps, wiring, silver bezels, the switch (without auto headlamps), the relay, and all the nessessary hardware for a vehicle without any lights installed.

Quick Reply: DRL to replace Fog kit?