Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DRL to replace Fog kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Default RE: DRL to replace Fog kit?

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com

this is what the foglamp housing looks like and the different bulbs.
mitsupartsman, I love you!!!

Ok so I will be ordering thes parts from you very soon. But one more question regarding the different bulb setup. So if your fogs are DRL and have the smaller bulb, you would have to change the wiring that would give you a different plug to use the larger bulb? And is that part available seperate, and if so how much? Otherwise if you ordered the fog kit, would it be included in it? THANKS!

Old 12-08-2008, 04:18 PM

ok, maybe this picture will help show the difference between the foglamp and drl.
notice how the halogen bulb mounts to the back of the foglamp and
the drl socket mountstothe bottom of its lamp. also notice the socket harness
which holds the drl bulb. the plug on that harness is the same as the plug for the
halogen bulb.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:23 PM

btw, no the halogen bulb will not fit right if you placeit in the drl. the socket hole is bigger on the drl

Old 12-10-2008, 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

mitsupartsman, can you source that part? It will also be nice if you have the parts and diagram to enbale auto-lights for 07 and 08 Outlanders. I have an 07 XLS, and it comes with the sensor preinstalled. I am interested in doing the fog light mod you described, but if I had to do it, might as well buy the stalk for the auto lights and do that mod also, if that's possible in the 07.
rcpax,

i've done a little researchon the photo sensor that's in your Outie. it appears that it sends its signal to the A/C ECU for the auto air feature only. it is not wired to the ETACS.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:33 AM

Oh no, sounds like bad news. I was actually digging through the manual, and it says exactly that. How does the auto light feature get its signal then? I know the 09 XLS with Luxury package have this feature, with rain sensing wipers too. My 07 XLS has the Luxury package too, but didn't feature the auto-lights, but it's got a light sensor in the dash. Do I have to purchase a different sensor? Or wire harness?

Old 12-10-2008, 10:40 AM

the cars with auto light feature use the sensor in the windsheild.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:05 AM

Is that the same sensor for the rain sensing wiper too? I haven't seen an 09 yet, so I'm guessing this is the sensor close to the base of the rear-view mirror? Looks like the auto-headlights need more parts than just the light stalk. I'm still interested in doing this mod though. You think this is do-able with the right parts?

Old 12-10-2008, 11:32 AM

Has anyone purchased the switch and relay yet? Also managed to get the ETACS programmed? This is the next project. haha

Old 12-10-2008, 11:37 AM

jsrd is looking into the sensor, it is the same as the rain detection.

i've got to go out of town today, i will dig deeper tomorrow.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:09 PM

ORIGINAL: mitsupartsman.com
jsrd is looking into the sensor, it is the same as the rain detection.
i've got to go out of town today, i will dig deeper tomorrow.
Hi mitsupartsman. The investigation that I did is that autoclimate sensor is the same who the Autolight sensor. In the following link I put the information about this (https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_237280/mpage_4/tm.htm). Only I need to check if the C-05 sensor has the 5 terminals and if it is the ready prewiring for autolight function. We must sure with respect to if autolight sensor is now in rain sensor, but I believe that it continues in C-05. . .

Quick Reply: DRL to replace Fog kit?