Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   DVD in motion patch for NR261UM (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/dvd-motion-patch-nr261um-27471/)

HDStig 08-20-2008 10:36 PM

RE: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

Hey guys, Really pleased with the DVD in motion work, I prefer the finesse, I did the first "Hack" job to acomplish the same thing. However when I'm playing through the aux I still have to turn my gps and speed sensor off. I'd prefer to remove my "Hack" job so I'm asking. What can I do to help (Time, $$$) to get the aux in motion ball rolling again?

HDStig

brian360 08-21-2008 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: BellaCroix

So if I understand correctly... the existing patches will not work on a unit using:
BLD-NR-261UM 1.09 / 00.30.97?

About to take my car to the dealership in the next few weeks... I'll check for a software upgrade CD... any idea of a part number to request?

If I pull the drive and mirror/ghost it (not that I have that software available - or the adapter for that matter) would that work also?
Correct, nobody has posted a 00.30.97 loading.kwi file, so nobody has been able to patch it. If your dealer has an update disc with that (or a newer) version, copy it! Otherwise, pulling your hard drive and going through the unlock procedure to grab the loading.kwi file will work, too.

Good luck!

brian360 08-21-2008 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: HDStig

Hey guys, Really pleased with the DVD in motion work, I prefer the finesse, I did the first "Hack" job to acomplish the same thing. However when I'm playing through the aux I still have to turn my gps and speed sensor off. I'd prefer to remove my "Hack" job so I'm asking. What can I do to help (Time, $$$) to get the aux in motion ball rolling again?

HDStig
Well, Otaku is always accepting donations (cash, photographs of the unit, an actual unit, the "upgrade key", etc.). I haven't heard from him for a while he's probably out enjoying his summer :)

I (beta) tested an aux-in-motion patch of his a while back, but didn't quite work yet. So he's probably close, but just hasn't been able to work further on it lately.

Doublecheese 08-21-2008 03:01 AM

ORIGINAL: brian360

Well, Otaku is always accepting donations (cash, photographs of the unit, an actual unit, the "upgrade key", etc.). I haven't heard from him for a while he's probably out enjoying his summer :)

I (beta) tested an aux-in-motion patch of his a while back, but didn't quite work yet. So he's probably close, but just hasn't been able to work further on it lately.

Hi Brian360

I spoke to Otakuon mondayabout the AUX IN MOTION, he told me he was busy doing his own company works and he didn't have any time to look into it yet.

Hopefully when he has the free time, he'll be able to solve it :) We all look forward to it !! :)

BellaCroix 08-21-2008 08:20 PM

ORIGINAL: brian360
Correct, nobody has posted a 00.30.97 loading.kwi file, so nobody has been able to patch it. If your dealer has an update disc with that (or a newer) version, copy it! Otherwise, pulling your hard drive and going through the unlock procedure to grab the loading.kwi file will work, too.
Okay... I'm game... what's involved in getting to the .kwi file? What do I need (adapters, software, screwdrivers, black magic) to get to the file or information needed? What are the odds that getting the info for the developers will end up forcing me to listen to road noise for the next 4-months? Assuming I can get what's needed, where do I post it?

I'm at the point where I'm starting to look at $200+ carbon fiber mods to make my Lancer "my own" and would much prefer to spend a couple bucks for a donation to something I'll actually enjoy as opposed to something to "rice" my car.

Lemme know and if I can handle it I'll offer up my 30.97 loader.

brian360 08-21-2008 10:40 PM

Study the instructions that rcostin posted here https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_208034/tm.htm

As long as you physically don't break anything or connect the hard drive adapter backwards, I don't expect that there's much that can go wrong. If you have a friend who's good with computers/repairs, you might ask for assistance if the terminology escapes you.

xzercizt 08-25-2008 05:53 AM

I have the 09lancer GTS. This is probably the wrong place to post this answer, but i willing to try and ask. By any chance are you guys able to see what program it uses to burn the music to the music server? If you are able to see it, is it possible to change the configuration on it to burn MP3 to the server? Im am sorry if i am asking the wrong question on the wrong post. I figure since you guys were able to hack into the harddrive and patch the DVD in motion, maybe their is a file you guys can patch to allow MP3 burning.

pacman88 08-25-2008 07:39 AM

sorry xzercizt - its much more complex than that.

the way that it records CD's to the hard drive is a proprietary mitsubishi format. for anyone to change it, it will require codecs, conversions, and probably much more than i'm even aware. i know the MP3 suggestion is on the list of things that can possibly be done, but it will take a little more time than changing three letters of *** to MP3 :)

akmeikle 08-25-2008 04:24 PM

I've already given Otaku the 00.30.97 files, hopefully he can get a patch for that version for DVD in motion soon. He said he's look into it when he has time. So all we can do now is wait.

re Aux in motion: no idea where that status is, but once it gets sorted out he'll have the 00.30.97 files so he can patch that version as well.

dentalhealth 08-26-2008 05:58 PM

dvd in motion patch for NR261UM

Hi !
i run the dvd patch and it shows File type mismatch any suggestion ????

thanks in advance