Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Economy not good!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Wlodar
Yes, I guess around 35 on average is really not that bad for the size and weight of this car. It's just a bit off from what the manufacturer says it should be but as we know you can't really rely on that info for most of cars.
It also should get a bit better the more miles you do on a diesel car.
My regular journey is mainly M25+M4 usually in peak times so it could be hard to get that 40-45mpg based on what you say.
It's a tough one for me as the Outlander is one of a very few cars that I actually like but I'm also quite frugal so I need to be smart here.
Let me know what you got on your trip to Manchester.
OK, Yesterday I drove the Outlander to Manchester with people up and I didn't exceed the speed limit at all. So 70 mph most of the way with about 30 miles of 50mph average speed camera areas. It just got to 45 mpg driving under these conditions. There was no harsh acceleration and I drove really carefully. Coming back it averaged out to 41 mpg. I'm actually quite pleased with that. Still not as good as a lot of people are saying but I'm happy with it.

Old 03-06-2017, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by themitsubishistore
Completely redesigned with over 100 improvements to give you more style, better comfort and greater capability.

http://mitsubishistore.com/mitsubish....php/outlander
sorry, what has this got to do with my thread? Am I missing something?

Old 03-31-2017, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Shmelvis
OK, Yesterday I drove the Outlander to Manchester with people up and I didn't exceed the speed limit at all. So 70 mph most of the way with about 30 miles of 50mph average speed camera areas. It just got to 45 mpg driving under these conditions. There was no harsh acceleration and I drove really carefully. Coming back it averaged out to 41 mpg. I'm actually quite pleased with that. Still not as good as a lot of people are saying but I'm happy with it.
Hi, sorry I never got a notification that you've replied.
Anyway, thanks for the update. From your recent experience the economy doesn't look that bad. Again, it's quite big, heavy car and if you push it hard or get stuck in traffic the mpg will go down. We just have to be realistic here. As long as you can get somewhere in the 40's with careful driving that sounds all right.
So can you get around 500 miles on full tank then?

I haven't made a decision yet and it's still between Outlander and another car. We'll be moving in the next few weeks so I will probably take care of that first, see how the new commute to work is going to look like and then make a final decision on the car.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:33 PM

Hi, sorry to chime in so late. We've just bought an '09 C-Crosser.

Does yours have the Mitsubishi engine? Ours has the 2.2HDi PSA engine, and we're not getting much more than 40, but haven't had the chance to drive it economically.

We bought it whilst on holiday in the caravan and towed the van back gingerly and still didn't get 25mpg. We traded in an 08 Mondeo 2.0 TDci, albeit super chipped, which would do 27 -32 towing, no matter how eagerly we went. Sometimes on the motorway, we accidentally hit 61mph... ;-) Suffice to say we weren't overtaken much.

We've booked the C-Crosser in for a remap next Thursday, and we're hoping that will bring about an improvement in economy.

I'll report back.

John.