Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

The good and not so good on 2010 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Default The good and not so good on 2010 Outlander

I bought my '10 outie model SE used with about 6,000 miles on it back in September. Here's my assessment thus far on what I like and don't like.
FYI, this is my first Mitsubishi vehicle.

Good:
Very good fuel mileage, about 340 miles per tank.
Climate controls.
Nice ride handling on back roads and highway.
Style.

==============================================

Bad:
Poor traction on wet roads, tires?
Braking seems weak on dry and wet roads.
Annoying tone on turn signals, loud ding.
Poor sounding speakers or Stereo. Volume has to be on 20 just to hear anything, must turn up to 30 or higher. I'll be upgrading the speakers soon.

Overall I hope to keep this car a long while. Time will tell.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:00 PM

Bad traction is most likely the tires. The brakes might need to be replaced, my '12 brakes very good. The turn signal: with the car on, set the park brake with it in park, hit the info until you get to the setup page, hold the info button down a few seconds, tap the info button until you see the turn signal icon, not sure what it says without looking and hold the info button down it will let you change the sound to a nicer sounding click sound.
Speakers are a big deal for me, stock sucks, the rockford fosgate I got is better than stock but still a little dead sounding to me.

If I got the instruction wrong or missed something on the turn signal thing I am sure somone will correct me quickly.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:08 PM

I agree the traction issue is probably the tires. Does your SE have the 18 inch low profile tires? If so, those are more "performance" dry road tires and probably won't give the best traction on wet roads. The brakes on my 08 Outlander are very good. When you say weak brakes do you mean you're not happy with the stopping distance, or do you mean you have to push the pedal down hard to get the brakes to take hold?

Old 11-22-2011, 09:09 PM

strange assessments

Old 11-30-2011, 03:30 PM

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been away. The tires are Goodyear Eagle LS 18 inch, so that being said the wet traction concern is probably tire related (as you said). The car came with the Goodyear's and i've had them before and thought they sucked.
The breaking issue is the break pedal feel and stopping distance, may also be the tires?
I did upgrade my speakers to Polk Dxi 650's and they sound much richer and full verses the factory 15 watt paper cone speakers. However the Polk's need more power pushed to them, so I'm getting a 4 channel amp in a few days.
And thanks to the poster on the turn signal adjustment. It helped.

Last edited by eddyhondro; 11-30-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by leadmx
The turn signal: with the car on, set the park brake with it in park, hit the info until you get to the setup page, hold the info button down a few seconds, tap the info button until you see the turn signal icon, not sure what it says without looking and hold the info button down it will let you change the sound to a nicer sounding click sound.
Nice tip! What other settings can you change with the Info button?