Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Default Still Lexia tool not working with IBM laptop

Hi Claude_A,

Did everything you suggested from post 203 & 284. My Lexia tool still not working with the IBM XP laptop. I ran it with DB v6.01 & update to 6.02, only read the VIN before error msg saying "tool is incorrectly initialized" "please restart".

I will try updating to DB v6.09.

2011 Outlander GT, US

Old 02-17-2012, 08:01 AM

Good luck ... I am not personally using DiagBox (yet) but the older, stand alone, software.
There are other users here with much more experience with DiagBox.

They might be able to help.

Sorry.

Old 02-17-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
Good luck ... I am not personally using DiagBox (yet) but the older, stand alone, software.
There are other users here with much more experience with DiagBox.

They might be able to help.

Sorry.
Hi Claude_A, thanks for your concern.
Good news! I was successful in getting into the Lexia-3 diagtool this morning. I reprogrammed my IBM laptop last night to DB v6.01 and updated online to v6.06. Also I did the editing to the ap.ini to stop the fw auto-update from 4.2.4. After validating the VIN, pick Lexia, when Lexia pgm responded with interfaced tool not initialized, I unplug the tool from the USB, waited for the Windows beep, replug & waited for the Windows beep for USB activation. Went through the ECU page under programming part1 and set my automatic locking to "active and unlocking on impact".

Followed the same procedure for the PP2000 program and performed the same USB unplugging & plugging. Perused the PP2000 diagnostic and found the auto-unlocking feature and set it to "in parking".

I'm happy now, thanks to all.
Important note: all 2011 models are accessible only with Diagbox v6.06 or higher.

2011 Outlander GT, S-AWC, US model

Old 02-19-2012, 07:44 AM

Someone tried to set up a 2007 model?

Old 02-19-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Tried different software instead of Lexia - Diagbox 6.01.
ESS light is accesible for activation there (unlike NULL value in Lexia), but something's wrong with ESS system setup - ECU is missing, or maybe just wrong configuration.
In diagbox 6.09 Peugeot 4007 are two different parameters for ESS accessible. In Lexia i had only the value for ESS by Stop Lamp with the setting "inactive". Diagbox shows an other parameter for ESS by turn lamps (shown in french). The value for my 2011 Outi is "active". Maybe you can test this...

Last edited by galant2003; 02-19-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Angry 2011 Outlander Sport, Bought Lexia3 and has DiagBox disc..now what??

Just received my Lexia3 in the mail. There are no instructions with this tool. I installed DiagBox. Have no idea what any of this means.

Am I supposed to update to a new version?
What is a customer code?
What is an activation code?
What hotline am I supposed to call to get my codes?
Do you need the battery pigtail? If so where does the 2 prong plug into? The battery input on the lexia3 has a 3 pin plug input for battery power not 2.
Did I just waste $148???

Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by marioweldinginc
Just received my Lexia3 in the mail. There are no instructions with this tool. I installed DiagBox. Have no idea what any of this means.

Am I supposed to update to a new version?
What is a customer code?
What is an activation code?
What hotline am I supposed to call to get my codes?
Do you need the battery pigtail? If so where does the 2 prong plug into? The battery input on the lexia3 has a 3 pin plug input for battery power not 2.
Did I just waste $148???

marioweldinginc,

Depending on the model year & country location of your Outlander, most of the earlier models could use the Lexia & PP2000 software directly. Diagbox is the more current software offered with the Lexia-3 diagtool. I found that 2011 Outlander, US model will require Diagbox 6.06 or higher to work. I used 6.06 for my 2011 Outlander GT, US model.
Get a copy of Diagbox 6.01 and follow direction below.

To activate Diagbox use the following:
Customer code: 1234567
Activation code: 12345678901234567890123456789011
Profile: 2FFFFFFF
Update online to 6.06 (icon on top of Diagbox screen when activated)

The options to change your computer settings are in two sections. Each has different displayed parameters for your computer ETACS.
Use the software module under Citroen C-Crosser for Lexia BSI.
Use the software for Peugeot 4007 for PP2000.
Read the rest of the forums for some of the available options. Claude_A & Vadimus helped me a lot. Good Luck.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM

If I want to code my outi or my outlander sport with Diagbox 6.09 everything works fine for coding the customeroptions. But if i want to change default-options i need an 4-digit code... It is not the Code 03114 which i used for lexia. Any other ideas? If we dont have this code the variantcoding with diagbox and 4008 or Aircross ist not possible.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by nsdy2k
marioweldinginc,

Depending on the model year & country location of your Outlander, most of the earlier models could use the Lexia & PP2000 software directly. Diagbox is the more current software offered with the Lexia-3 diagtool. I found that 2011 Outlander, US model will require Diagbox 6.06 or higher to work. I used 6.06 for my 2011 Outlander GT, US model.
Get a copy of Diagbox 6.01 and follow direction below.

To activate Diagbox use the following:
Customer code: 1234567
Activation code: 12345678901234567890123456789011
Profile: 2FFFFFFF
Update online to 6.06 (icon on top of Diagbox screen when activated)

The options to change your computer settings are in two sections. Each has different displayed parameters for your computer ETACS.
Use the software module under Citroen C-Crosser for Lexia BSI.
Use the software for Peugeot 4007 for PP2000.Read the rest of the forums for some of the available options. Claude_A & Vadimus helped me a lot. Good Luck.

Thanks Nsdy2k for your help. Ive been putting pieces of forums posts together and have a better understanding. Your post gave me the biggest leap forward

2 questions that havent been answered in my quest for knowledge.

- can Diagbox 6 be used with windows 7? if not thats ok i have an xp computer somewhere in my attic
- what powers my lexia3? I have a three pin input but the battery cable supplied is a two prong connector

Old 02-22-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by marioweldinginc
Thanks Nsdy2k for your help. Ive been putting pieces of forums posts together and have a better understanding. Your post gave me the biggest leap forward

2 questions that havent been answered in my quest for knowledge.

- can Diagbox 6 be used with windows 7? if not thats ok i have an xp computer somewhere in my attic
- what powers my lexia3? I have a three pin input but the battery cable supplied is a two prong connector

marioweldinginc,

I would use XP only, others have found Win7 not working unless you run vmare or possibly use virtual mode if your cpu has this feature. Since I can attest that DB v6.06 works, I would upgrade from 6.01 to 6.06 and use that version only. Get that to work first and then you can experiment later with other version. Your USB port should be sufficient to power the lexia-3 diagtool (remember: if you get the message about tool not initialized properly, just unplug and replug - read my post on that). Don't need the battery cable. Under lexia software use code "03114" to save your modification (F5 on screen). PP2000 don't require any special code to save.
Gook luck.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization