Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 AM

The cable with battery clamp is for pre 2000 Citroen cars so ditch it.

Power is indeed supplied by the USB port.

XP is required either native or Virtual Machine as Win7 is too restrictive and stick it's nose in everything.

On the original Lexia tool the 3 pins on the tool where used for programing it (again pre 2000)

Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 PM

Thanks!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by galant2003
If I want to code my outi or my outlander sport with Diagbox 6.09 everything works fine for coding the customeroptions. But if i want to change default-options i need an 4-digit code... It is not the Code 03114 which i used for lexia. Any other ideas? If we dont have this code the variantcoding with diagbox and 4008 or Aircross ist not possible.

I haven't used my unit in a couple of months but I remember this happening on diagbox (6.04 or 6.06, forgot which one) - it asked me for a 4 digit code which I had no idea of. I then opened Lexia (C-Crosser), changed a value, saved, changed it back, saved. Then I opened up PP2000 (chose 4007) and did the same for settings that can be changed in there. Then I opened up diagbox and I was able to change stuff and save them - it stopped asking me for a code.

Not sure if this will work well because of the changes. 6.09 does not show lexia/pp2000 options for the Outlander Sport. if you choose the Outlander clones, lexia/pp2000 options show up.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:41 AM

Caution Please!!!

Do not update to Version 6.10!!!!

In this version Lexia for 4007 is only available for Ignition. BSI and other ECU are no longer available. They are only available with DiagBox. Customer-Options can be coded with Diagbox but for the Vehicle Options you must have a 4-Digit-Code...

Regards
galant2003

Old 03-05-2012, 01:28 PM

Update:

The best version for coding my outlander MJ. 2011 or the ASX (Outlander Sport) of my father is Diagbox 6.08.

In Version 6.06 and 6.07 all ECU especially the BSI (ETACS) is unknown. Coding is possible, but there are some options e.g. in parameter tests not available.

In Version 6.08 the ETACS-ECU is known as BSI an all options are available. Intergrated Lexia and PP2000 have all needed functions.

In Version 6.09 the PP2000-System has only basic-funktions for ignition. BSI and other ECU can not be coded.

In Version 6.10 Lexia has only basic functions too. It is not able to code the BSI.

So best Version 6.08.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 PM

I've just been playing with the stereo on my ASX (Outlander Sport) and stupidly while the stereo facia was unplugged I started the engine. Of course as soon as I did this the car put up a "Airbag System Service Required" warning. Its all back together again but I am still getting the warning.

I've had a look at using lexia to clear it but it does not seem to be able to communicate with the Airbag module.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this or am I going to have to take a trip to the Mitsubishi Dealer?

Old 04-20-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rob_Quads
I've just been playing with the stereo on my ASX (Outlander Sport) and stupidly while the stereo facia was unplugged I started the engine. Of course as soon as I did this the car put up a "Airbag System Service Required" warning. Its all back together again but I am still getting the warning.

I've had a look at using lexia to clear it but it does not seem to be able to communicate with the Airbag module.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this or am I going to have to take a trip to the Mitsubishi Dealer?
id put everything OEM and go to the dealer and act like you dont know what happened.. lol

Old 04-21-2012, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by xOutlanderFiendx
id put everything OEM and go to the dealer and act like you dont know what happened.. lol
After spending days messing around getting it all installed in the boot I would rather pay a few £ for them to fix it than have to take it all out

Old 04-23-2012, 12:14 PM

I've seen this message before. Here's what I did to fix it (the steps are approximate because it was a long time ago, but should be similar)

1. Go into the ECU settings that control the airbag and clear any errors/faults
2. Go into all other ECUs and check if there's a fault. Clear the fault if there's one.
3. Go to the BSI and clear faults

This should fix it.

Also, you can find a big list of settings that I had posted from my Outlander sport here: https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...29/#post280908. Galant2003 also has posted his Eurpoean ASX settings. If something gets messed up, you can take a look at these to find out the setting that works for the ASX.

One time I accidentally chose the "apply default settings" (or something of that sort) in the tool and backed out, and it saved the French car's settings onto my car and I got tons of error messages and half the things didn't work. Fortunately I had the settings that I had saved before as PDF so I was able to go in and restore them one by one. Took me an hour to do this. I've been extra careful ever since.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 PM

Tried an old version of lexia as well as the one in 6.08 but neither can communicate with the airbag ECU . Cleared all the errors in the others (well other than those that are permanent due to missing radios etc)

Going to cost around £45/$60 to get the dealer to fix it which is very annoying

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization