Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:36 PM

How far away will that be vadimus? And thank you

Old 08-12-2012, 01:05 AM

Omg I just read all 17 pages of that site and still don't understand.. Put a car in bits in front of me and I'll have it back together ASAP but put drag box,exe,ISP etc I front f me and my jaw gawksand hits the floor, I scratch my head like a monkey ..

Only thing I got from that forum 17 pages was arguing and fighting in bad English lol

Vadimus how far away is your program from completion?
Would it be easier for me or?

Old 08-13-2012, 01:28 PM

is there anyone in NJ who offers this service?

Old 08-14-2012, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
I've written a simple DLL allowing to talk to the car directly, without DiagBox. Does anybody want to play deciphering the protocol?
What do you need help with? Is it just CAN packets written to a certain ECU? ANy details of what needs to be deciphered? Encryption?

Old 08-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
What do you need help with? Is it just CAN packets written to a certain ECU? ANy details of what needs to be deciphered? Encryption?
It is basically "ping-pong" dialogue guessing. I sniff the bytes DiagBox sends to USB, and try to re-create same dialog.
Will post an example log later.

Old 08-19-2012, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
OK guys, I confirm DiagBox 6.19 working with no code requests for all 3 sections (vehicle, defaults, customer).

You need to delete lines containing

<Door Name="TLCD_ASSISTANCE_CODE" Number="4"/>

from C:\AWRoot\dtrd\comm\XMLTLCD\*.xml
Can you confirm if you mean delete those lines from every single xml file in the C:\AWRoot\dtrd\comm\XMLTLCD\ directy where it occurs?

Got any hints on how to do this easily?

Old 08-19-2012, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rob_Quads
Can you confirm if you mean delete those lines from every single xml file in the C:\AWRoot\dtrd\comm\XMLTLCD\ directy where it occurs?

Got any hints on how to do this easily?
That's right.
You can do it with text or XML editor of your choice, or use my small utility.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:59 AM

I have a 2007 v6 outlander and the lexia3 works fine in some options. But i cant seem to have it communicate with the ABS ECU. I keep on having the ABS service required warning but when i use the ABS diagnostics in the LEXIA it doesnt recognize the ECU and the fault code. Even if i erase the fault code for it, it still flashes. Is there any other way to resolve this?

I changed the setting for the engine power also to maximum also then drove a while and it didnt seem to have any improvement in response and seem to be a bit sluggish actually so i put it back in normal. Is there any parameter or values changed in the ECU by doing so?

Old 08-20-2012, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by ceepawn
I have a 2007 v6 outlander and the lexia3 works fine in some options. But i cant seem to have it communicate with the ABS ECU. I keep on having the ABS service required warning but when i use the ABS diagnostics in the LEXIA it doesnt recognize the ECU and the fault code. Even if i erase the fault code for it, it still flashes. Is there any other way to resolve this?

I changed the setting for the engine power also to maximum also then drove a while and it didnt seem to have any improvement in response and seem to be a bit sluggish actually so i put it back in normal. Is there any parameter or values changed in the ECU by doing so?
Try DiagBox.

Was ABS error present before you started tweaking ETACS?

Engine power setting is not a magic performance booster. It is set to High on diesel-powered Outlanders as an indicator of high-torque engine presence for other ECUs.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:06 AM

Yah it was already present before i started tweaking. Will try to install the Diagbox and diagnose it from there.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization