Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by codetrap
Windows 7 comes with a XP virtual machine license built in. I plan on installing it on that.
Great! Please report how it works. If it works in an XP window in Win 7, there's a very good chance it'll work in the same in Win 8.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 PM

okay guys im coming here looking for input or any type of help, i have a 2011 ralliart, i just turned off the under inflation warning on my car and since then it seems the gears on my car are not engaging

the reverse gear flashes when trying go in reverse and all other gears dont engage either even in neutral the car seems to not move

I followed the steps for diagbox choosing default programming followed by the "X" to not apply default settings and changed the underinflation setting and applied it by pressing the picture of the two gears, not quite sure how this went wrong if anyone can help it would be appreciated, thanks

Old 07-07-2013, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaander
Great! Please report how it works. If it works in an XP window in Win 7, there's a very good chance it'll work in the same in Win 8.
Windows XP Mode didn't work for me under Windows 7 64-bit. I had to install VirtualBox.

Old 07-07-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by blue_ralliart
okay guys im coming here looking for input or any type of help, i have a 2011 ralliart, i just turned off the under inflation warning on my car and since then it seems the gears on my car are not engaging

the reverse gear flashes when trying go in reverse and all other gears dont engage either even in neutral the car seems to not move

I followed the steps for diagbox choosing default programming followed by the "X" to not apply default settings and changed the underinflation setting and applied it by pressing the picture of the two gears, not quite sure how this went wrong if anyone can help it would be appreciated, thanks
Your etacs behaves what the 08 MR does. Anyways, I had experience on this.

You have 2 options.

1) Install the diagbox v6.30 which can be found on this tread. Then turn the "IGN Off Delay" to "ON".

2) Bring your car to the dealer and tell them that you were playing with the etacs setting and afterwards, vehicle didnt want to engage coz the IGN Off delay was turned off. Ask them to "Reset your Etacs back to factory settings." They might argue with you but tell them that you have a buddy with the same situation. For my case, the charged us 1 hr labor for reprogramming

Old 07-07-2013, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Swordfish
Windows XP Mode didn't work for me under Windows 7 64-bit. I had to install VirtualBox.
And how did/does it work in VirtualBox?

Old 07-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Hey does anyone happen to have a more recent beta of ETACS decoder, I am having issues with the copy downloaded from here, it keeps giving access errors when opening the program, it does detect the vin number of a vehicle but fails to encode and write, wanted too see if its just the version that I have or if something else is wrong, tried this on a windows 7 32 bit and 64 bit machine and got the same error for both but just different locations for the access error. any help would be appreciated thanks

Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by spekil
Your etacs behaves what the 08 MR does. Anyways, I had experience on this.

You have 2 options.

1) Install the diagbox v6.30 which can be found on this tread. Then turn the "IGN Off Delay" to "ON".

2) Bring your car to the dealer and tell them that you were playing with the etacs setting and afterwards, vehicle didnt want to engage coz the IGN Off delay was turned off. Ask them to "Reset your Etacs back to factory settings." They might argue with you but tell them that you have a buddy with the same situation. For my case, the charged us 1 hr labor for reprogramming
Awesome, Thank you, do you happen to know what post # it can be found in, if not I'll browse through every page, I tried search 6.3 but that was a fail. Also what options do I have to look under? Maybe 7.04 will have it? Today I was trying ETACS decoder which has the option in plain sight but couldn't get it to write =/, really would rather just getting this resolved myself and not have to deal with the hassle of the tow to a dealership and so forth.

Edit: found the diagbox text file on page 50-something, If you know where the parameter is that would be great =)

Last edited by blue_ralliart; 07-08-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:50 PM

It should be with the tpms options too. It says "Ign off delay"

Old 07-08-2013, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by spekil
It should be with the tpms options too. It says "Ign off delay"
Didn't see the option when I went looking through everything earlier, tried changing the parameter in Etacs Decoder but it didn't write correctly and somehow screwed something else up....FML....so now the car seems like the timing or ignition spark is off..takes longer for engine to start up and it runs weak with fluctuating rpm...turned the car off as fast as i could, going to be calling the tow truck tomorrow...o well, last time i try doing anything like this the cheap way doesn't pay in the end...shoulda just bought the extra set of tpms sensors or a real MUT-III. Really wish i saw that its a bad idea to do this on cars with the tc-sst before doing it =/, Thanks for your help

Old 07-28-2013, 11:53 AM

Can anyone help me with setting auto door lock at 20km/h? I use diagbox 7.02 for my outlander sport and can't find this option in citroen BSI. Does this feature available in diagbox 7.02 or should i upgrade the version? I have other laptop with XP if I should install lexia from older version if this feature not available in diagbox. I will attach the screenshot picture tomorrow if necessary. Thank you

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization