Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM

Is the all in one program still being developed?

Old 05-21-2013, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Swordfish
Does the Lexia cable work with 2011 and up Lancers, or is it limited to 2008 to 2010? Thanks.
The Lexia cable will work on 2011+ lancers. but you need to use the diagbox software. (which i still have yet to do. i'm still using old reliable lexia/pp software combo, lol. and as such am still limited to '08-'10)

Old 05-22-2013, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by lordtygr
The Lexia cable will work on 2011+ lancers. but you need to use the diagbox software. (which i still have yet to do. i'm still using old reliable lexia/pp software combo, lol. and as such am still limited to '08-'10)
Thanks. I tried it on a 2012 Lancer using Diagbox and it worked.

Old 05-25-2013, 12:31 AM

lordtygr, how do you enable the answer-back beeps in the Lancer? I can't seem to find it in Diagbox. Also, I enabled door auto-lock on one Lancer 2012 model and strangely, the central door lock lost its ability to lock and unlock all doors when using the driver-side switch.

Do you think we can recover it by disconnecting the battery for an hour, perhaps? Thank you and looking forward to your reply.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:35 AM

will this work for 2013 rvr?

Old 06-16-2013, 04:58 PM

I have two questions:

Has anyone tried Lexia within this virtual XP in win 8?
How to Run Windows XP for Free in Windows 8

Is Lexia useful for diagnostics?

Thanks.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:28 AM
Default Question

I have a 2011 Evo X GSR. Just to be clear, that Radio step change is only trough ETACS decoder which has not been published yet? Or it can be changed via diagbox?

Have a USA imported car and really would like to hear the other half of the radio channels...

Any help will be appreciated!

Old 06-18-2013, 03:15 PM

I've got a VirtualBox of 32-bit Win XP Pro up and running on our Win 8 64-bit desktop and XP is indeed 32 bit.

In case any owners of the Lexia hardware and additional software want to try their stuff in the above set-up, what follows is a step-by-step procedure. (Additionally, here is a tremendously helpful video of at least part of the procedure:
)

Download Windows XP mode here, following MS's instructions to authenticate first:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ls.aspx?id=800

Download “VirtualBox 4.2.12 for Windows hosts” here:
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
and install. Then install “VirtualBox 4.2.12 Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack”.

Download 64-bit 7-Zip here:
7-Zip
and install.

Create a new folder on C drive entitled “Windows XP for Windows 8”. Right click on the downloaded Win XP file and point to 7-Zip, then select “open archive”. Then left click on the “sources” folder and select “extract”. On the pop-up window select the folder created in the previous step to receive the extracted files.

Go into the new folder and double-click on the sources folder, then right-click on the xpm file, then point to “7-Zip” on the drop-down list, then select “extract here” on the drop down list. The files contained in the “xpm” file are now extracted.

Find the file entitled “VirtualXPVHD” and change it to “VirtualXPVHD.vhd”.

Open VitrualBox and select “New”. In the new window type the name of the XP system, then select “Microsoft Windows”, then select “Windows XP” (DO NOT select “Windows XP (64 bit)”).

Then choose an appropriate amount of memory. (I chose the recommended amount.) Then select “Use an existing virtual hard drive file” and find and select the “VirtualXPVHD.vhd” file just created in the folder above. Then hit the “Create” button.

On the main VB panel, select “Settings”, then “System” and then check “Enable IO APIC”, then select the “processor” tab and move the slider to however many CPUs you prefer. Now go to the “Display” tab and select however many MB of video memory you would like and select “OK”.

In the main VirtualBox control panel find the newly created Windows XP. Click once on the new XP virtual machine and hit the “Start” arrow. (Or, just double-click the XP machine.) Follow VB's instructions about the keyboard and mouse controls. Voila! Windows XP Pro 32-bit should start loading in VirtualBox.

Answer all the usual questions. If the box goes blank, select “Machine”, then hit “reset” on the drop down list.

After XP begins to load select “turn off automatic updates”.

When the “Found new Hardware” window pops up, go up to the “devices” tab and select the “Install Guest Additions” option, and when the “Guest Additions” dialog box shows up, select the default location to install its files.

Say “continue” if any warning boxes pop up.

When prompted, select “reboot now” and, if necessary, again select the “reset” option under “Machine”.

Now Windows loads and you can set the usual suspect propterties, etc.

Now within XP get onto the internet and google “windows XP activation crack” and select the following link: FFX Madman: Windows XP SP2 Activation Crack
and follow the detailed instructions including the “Edit” information at the bottom of the page.

You should now have Windows XP Pro 32 bit available within a VirtualBox window. I've already loaded a couple of old Adobe programs that I used to run in XP and Vista, but could not be installed on Win 8. Therefore, I would not be a bit surprised if the Lexia hardware/software would be the same.

Edit: If moderators feel that this post is inappropriate, plese just delete it.

Last edited by Outlaander; 06-19-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:25 PM

I've got a question for you guys. Have you ever seen any setting regarding the current sense for the signal light bulbs?

I'm just in the process of swapping out the incandescent signal light bulbs with LEDs on my 2009 Lancer GTS. Problem is that it does the hyper flashing thing because it thinks the bulbs are burned out. I could install the extra load resistors to fool it into thinking the bulbs are still there but it would sure be nice if I could just change an ETACS setting somewhere.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by ThePPL
I'm just in the process of swapping out the incandescent signal light bulbs with LEDs on my 2009 Lancer GTS...
Why? Turn signals aren't toys, they are safety devices. Installing an 'LED retrofit' in optics designed for a filament bulb ruins the performance of the indicator, which is both dangerous and illegal (see here). And if that weren't enough, I promise you within 6 months these expensive Chinese hack jobs will have failed (do you ever wonder why no legitimate automotive lighting manufacturer produces LED drop-ins? It's certainly not because they [Philips, Osram-Sylvania, GE] don't have the R&D resources or don't see the profit potential!). Swap out the interior lights all you want but leave the regulated, exterior markers alone.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization