Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by jsrd
0k, no intenet connection for activation. What about antivirus software, I also turn off?
So, the tool must be connected to both the computer and car for manual activation?

I'm so sorry for so many questions
No car needed at this point

Old 08-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Default 2011 Outlander Sport

Recieved Lexia yesterday and gave it a go today without luck. I got the program installed and did the manual upgrade and activation. I get to the BSI/Configutation and change the door locking to active and unlock upon impact. I then hit f5 to save, enter 03114 but I always get a programming failed message. Is it possible that the Outlander Sport needs a differnet code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-21-2011, 11:23 AM

When you installed the software did you killed your antivirus if not you might not get an error but the package is compromised (been there, done that).

Also the package need XP and nothing else either as the OS or in a virtual pc but XP sp3 or better(any version) or older. it does not like Vista or Win7.

This is from the site:
Hardware and software requirements
Software requires at least Intel Celeron/Pentium III 400 MHz, 128 MB RAM, 50MB free HDD space and USB 1.1 port (USB 2.0 recommended) and Microsoft Windows 98 SR2/2000/XP with the latest service pack installed.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by rzracer
Recieved Lexia yesterday and gave it a go today without luck. I got the program installed and did the manual upgrade and activation. I get to the BSI/Configutation and change the door locking to active and unlock upon impact. I then hit f5 to save, enter 03114 but I always get a programming failed message. Is it possible that the Outlander Sport needs a differnet code? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Have you tried Peugeot Planet? Does it result in the same thing?

Old 08-21-2011, 03:30 PM

My problems continue. Finally I managed to install the software, updated it, but there isn't communication between the interface and my ETACS. I get he next messages, both Lexia and Planet:

1. The new java plug-in requires a recent version of the firefox browser (firefox 3 or later).

2. ERROR. Cannot communicate with the vehicle

3. Next, the program asked me the VIN code.

My Outlander is a 2007 model, so I believe that this interface cannot communicate with ETACS older. Any suggestions?

Old 08-21-2011, 03:34 PM

1. You can safely ignore that
2. Try a different USB port? Make sure there aren't any exclaimation marks beside the device in device manager in Windows. When you plugged it in, did it show that it is installing the driver?
3. It should detect it automatically if the device works properly.
It definately will work on an 07, it works fine on my 08. The ECU has hardly changed from 07 until the current one.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:51 PM

ivanz, thank's for your help, I really appreciate your time.

1. Is true, this message isn't problem
2. Yes, i have already tried another USB port, the installation wizard does starts, and no exclamation marks appear on device manager. so far it appears that it's going well.

an observation, the round connector for the interface tool, has some sort of plastic top on the male part and it seems that it does not make any contact with it's counterpart which connects to the ETACS. do you happen to know if this cover needs to be removed?

it does gives me hope to know that the sofyware works on you outlander since it's only a year newer than mine, so there shouldnt be much differences.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:54 PM

Did you install the USB driver for the interface It should try by itself and follow the instruction.

If you change port it might ask for it again.

I use the short USB cable since the voltage is low and I think the long one might be too long, normal cables for printers are no longer than a meter.

Ignore the first error message I use Firefox 6 and I get it so it's lousy coding

The plastic plate in the round connector move back into the socket when you connect the extended cable.
Make sure you push hard to seat the metal hook in the metal plate on the side of the connector.

Last edited by Claude_A; 08-21-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 04:24 PM

ivanz, Claude_A, this is frustrating. I switched to using the USB cable shorter, but I still getting the message that cannot communicate with my ETACS
I don't know what I'm doing wrong. ..

Old 08-21-2011, 05:12 PM

My connection routine is as follow.

1 - Connect the device to PC
2 - Start PC
3 - Once running make sure the green light is on on the device
4 - Add the OBD cable to the device Press hard on the plug to make good contact
5 - Connect OBD to Mitsu connector
6 - Turn the key to run but don't start
7 - Start the software

By the way I suppose you managed to Activate the software

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization