Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Factory reverse camera not working.

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 11:15 AM
Default Factory reverse camera not working.

Hi all. I hope someone can help. I bought an outlander PHEV 2015 model. It had the basic radio system, but had all the connectors for the MMCS ( taped up ). I bought a used MMCS system and all the plug connectors fitted. The only thing I had to buy was a GPS aerial which put under the dash and it plugged straight in, so navigation works. I liked the idea of a reverse camera, so done some investigating. Behind the right rear panel I found a plug connector, with nothing plugged in. I found out the reverse camera plugs into this plug ( my car didn’t come with a rear camera)

I checked and the 4 wires go straight to the back of the radio. Into the square plug. I checked continuity. All ok

I bought a factory reverse camera, drilled into the tailgate as I wanted the factory look. I made my own loom and wired it to the plug connector. I somehow sussed the wiring diagram out as can be a bit confusing, as it was very hard to get a diagram.,

if I go into special settings on the MMCS by pressing ‘settings and nav button’ camera comes up N/A still

I’ve been told I need to program the ETACS. I have tried launch obd machine. I have selected rear camera but still camera not working in reverse.,

is there any other coding I need to change or can this only be done using the factory MUT 3 kit.,

Sorry for the lengthy post, but seem to have gone through everything.

Thanks