Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

06 Outlander VRX reverse camera wiring - change from eurovox MMCS to Pioneer

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 03:53 AM
Default 06 Outlander VRX reverse camera wiring - change from eurovox MMCS to Pioneer

Hi. I'm new to the forum so please bear with me.

I have an (Australian model) 2006 MY07 Outlander VRX that came standard with a Eurovox branded MMCS type setup and reverse camera as standard.

I have swapped out the Eurovox unit with my Pioneer AVH8450 unit and all works well EXCEPT the reverse camera. I have located the wire for reverse trigger & connected and tested that as well as plugging in the camera RCA plug to the corresponding connector on the pioneer unit.
When I put the car in reverse, the screen triggers however the picture is blank and I believe its because the camera doesn't have power.

The Eurovox unit has two quick disconnect wires (red and black - separate to the standard wiring loom) that came out and connected behind the dash into a separate loom for what I believe to be the camera connector, so I cut these and wired them to 12v however I still don't get any picture.

Hopefully my explanation makes sense - has anyone else successfully used the reversing camera from the Eurovox fitout with a different brand of head unit?

Picture attached, near the yellow RCA connector you can see the red quick disconnect plug that seems to power the camera??

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Attached Thumbnails 06 Outlander VRX reverse camera wiring - change from eurovox MMCS to Pioneer-photo.jpg   06 Outlander VRX reverse camera wiring - change from eurovox MMCS to Pioneer-back-unit.jpg  

Last edited by rapps101; 02-04-2014 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:39 PM

I can't help with yur problem but another observation on my Japanese model is that the reversing camera works with MMCS screen but the Pajero is equiped with a 'chromic rear vision' mirror which has the reversing camera built in. This does not work but power is suppied for it to operate as indicated by mirror switch & LED. Wonder if you have same set-up and could possibly have interferance from this other unit?

Not even sure why vehicle would be supplied with both units if only one will operate. Thought I may un-plug the MMCS camera input just to see if the mirror option works.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:39 AM

I got in contact with the company that looks after support for Eurovox and they tell me that the red and black bullet plugs provided 8V for the camera. I have since removed the old camera and fit a new 12V one, using existing wiring in the car (powering the camera using the reverse trigger wire) and now all works well.