Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

mmcs rear camera wiring help

Old 02-27-2014, 04:52 AM
Default mmcs rear camera wiring help

Hello I have a Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 which as a MMCS (itís got E-02 (see attachment IMG_E-02) writing on the bottom right corner, not sure if that is the version number or not?). Anyway I am trying to connect a rear parking camera to it, when I pull the system out and look at the back it looks like this (see attachments IMG_con & IMG_con2).

As you can see there is nothing connected in the highlighted area (not sure of connector number) it is a 12 pin socket 6 pins on top and 6 bottom. From what I have read this is where I need to connect the camera too, pin 3 for video in and pin 6 for camera recognition, is this correct ?

If this is correct, does anybody know where I can get a connector to wire up to from ?

And lastly I have been looking on ebay at the rear cameras for the lancer and a lot of them look like this (see attachment IMG_ebay)

To wire this into my mmcs would I have to cut the yellow video connector off and wire one wire to video in and the other to ground, and use the red wire as the camera recognition ?

Attached Thumbnails mmcs rear camera wiring help-img_e-02.jpg   mmcs rear camera wiring help-img_con.jpg   mmcs rear camera wiring help-img_con2.jpg   mmcs rear camera wiring help-img_ebay.jpg  
Old 03-14-2014, 04:27 AM
Exclamation Please confirm if this is correct

After looking around, because of no reply, I think i got it. Just need somebody to confirm

On the mmcs you connect to the 12 pin conncector (top right).
Pin 3 will be the + Video (which is the wire that connects to the middle pin on a phono).
Pin 5 is - Video (which is the wire which connects to the outer casing of a phono (ground) ).
Pin 6 is connected to the cars ground (chassis).

So thats how you connect the video cable to the mmcs, then as for the rest you just connect the camera power to the reverse light power +12V and neg. On my lancer it is a thick white wire for the +12V and a black for neg.

I did notice when I took the pannal off to get to the reverse light, a connector with nothing connected to it, which i guess is for the reverse camera. But as there is no connector on my mmcs and I am mounting the camera on the number plate light and not boot lid it will be easir to put my own wiring in.

Also one other thing, I traced the wires from the boot lid into the boot, and there is a connection block on the left side towards top (by wheel arch). This block is where all the wires from rear lights go too, so it will be easier to tap off reverse light from there. Rear parking sensors are already tapped off reverse light power, so it easy for me to see which wire to use.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:47 AM

I just did my wiring for rear camera for 2007 outlander, it's about same, you need to connect Pin 3 and Pin 6 together to the yellow line from the phono(center pin), and pin 5 to the phono ground, I did also connect the pin 6 to the MMCS body as well as ground.

Hope it help