Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Default MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN

Hi all,
Do you have any idea, is there any possibility to have rear camera connected to MMCS AND to have also another video source running (iPod)?
The rear camera should keep will working as usually, when running backward but, in rest, the iPod video should be available on MMCS' screen.
The service guys are not sure, saying that only one video connector is available on MMCS diagram.

Thanks ,
Costin

Old 05-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Default RE: MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN

What mode on the MMCS does the ipod video use? If its "AUX" mode, that is a separate video input. The rear camera has a dedicated video input (that I don't think is even described in the service manual, but not sure) and is only selected when the shifter is in 'Reverse'.

But then I'm not too familiar with the ipod hookups to know if they're nothing more than composite video, or if there's a whole control interface. Also seems to me that the ipod video (if using AUX mode) will not display while the vehicle is in motion.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:05 AM

Originally posted by Outie08 here
Outlander display the rear camera when shifted in Reverse, and only display the AUX video when "AUX" is selected in the Mode screen as well.Outlander don't not have easily accessible video input in the front, have to pull the MMCS head, one of the plug at the back of the mmcs head is readyand dedicated for rear backup camera,I followed the post by rdenis in this fourm to install mine.
My camera is already installed. I have problems connecting AUX IN. How MMCS will change between rear camera and AUX IN, having just one pin for video signal ? Let's say I'm watching a movie on aux in and I need to park in reverse. Signal from camera will come on the same wire as that from iPOD...

In other words:

Outlander's unit is exactly the same as the Lancer one.
I asked the service guys and they are less informed than me. They told me that the MMCS has only one pin for video.
And my question came fast: if a camera is connected to that pin, then it is activated only when I run in reverse. If I put an AUX instead of camera, should I stay in reverse gear to watch it ? If I connect BOTH, directly, without any controller to separate them, how can I separate signals coming from camera and from AUX IN ?

The iPOD I mentioned is just a signal generator, as a camcorder or anything with a video composite output. Is not a matter of locating the connectors between the seats. My Outie does not have those connectors at all and the harness, even present, is not connected anywhere on MMCS, I checked in service. The question is regarding the pinout of MMCS.

So, if you have any ideea of a second input, special allocated for Video AUX IN, or a CAN controller to separate them, I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you
Costin

Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 AM

hello rcostin,
first sorry for my bad engl. if i look video over aux-in and if iput the rear gear in ,the cam-picture is seen in navi,take it out ,the video picture is on navi.the nav had has3 line in one for the cam,one for aux-in and one for the rearmonitor.

greats madmex

Old 05-31-2008, 03:48 PM

I realise that on running backwards, the camera will show up, no matter what you are doing on mmcs. BUT my problem is just how to connect the wires on MMCS. I understand that the camera has a different pin that the AUX IN., a dedicated one ?
Does anyone here has a specification for the MMCS pinount ? Or at least which pins are for AUX IN (audio left, audio right, and video composite) and which pins are for rear camera.
Thank you
Costin

Old 05-31-2008, 06:55 PM

@rcostin

my navi is an european navi:
Connector C6
rearview camera
81 pink not used
82 white not used
83 orange video in
84 open not used
85 black ground video
86 yellow camera recognition

if you look from behind cable side
81-82-83-xx-85-86
xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx
xx = open not used

connector C8
aux-in
48 blue-green audio L
64 blue-white audio R
49 blue-red audio ground
47 skyblue video in
63 black-pink video ground
I hope I have understood you correctly and you have meant[/align][/align]greeting madmex[/align]

Old 06-01-2008, 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: madmex

@rcostin

my navi is an european navi:
Connector C6
rearview camera
81 pink not used
82 white not used
83 orange video in
84 open not used
85 black ground video
86 yellow camera recognition

if you look from behind cable side
81-82-83-xx-85-86
xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx
xx = open not used

connector C8
aux-in
48 blue-green audio L
64 blue-white audio R
49 blue-red audio ground
47 skyblue video in
63 black-pink video ground
I hope I have understood you correctly and you have meant[/align][/align]greeting madmex[/align]
This is EXACTLY what I needed !!! Looks like next week I'll be busy

Thank you very much, madmex.
[sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 06-01-2008, 11:57 PM

Hey all, just joining the forum today! I got the dvd-in-motion working just trying to keep my hopes up for the aux-in-motion to happen :-D Hopefully this is where that will be posted?

Yall are doing a UBER job btw! Keep it up!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:12 AM

@ rcostin

I was wondering if you came up with a solution to your question.

After reading your post, I was wondering if this below idea would be possible

You know I'm going to install my Thermal Camera to the front grill of my Pajero.

But I'm waiting for a Solution for
a) Aux in Motion and
b) After that AUX in MOTION without taking over the AUDIO PLAYING or a new Dedicated button on the MMCS for the Thermal Camera's video output.

However now I have another idea.

How about connecting the Thermal Camera into the same connector as the Reverse Camera. I can make a switch , when I press this switch the Thermal Front Camera view can be seen on the MMCS(radio can also be heard), and when I put in reverse, theRear Backup Display overrides Front camera display ??

Would that be logical ? Or am I still flying over the clouds

Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 AM
Default video out on MMCS pajero

hello,
i'm a new pajero 2008 and i need to add a rear video ... so i need to know wich is the socket and terminals video and audio OUT. pls help. simone

Quick Reply: MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN