Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Default MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN

Hi all,
Do you have any idea, is there any possibility to have rear camera connected to MMCS AND to have also another video source running (iPod)?
The rear camera should keep will working as usually, when running backward but, in rest, the iPod video should be available on MMCS' screen.
The service guys are not sure, saying that only one video connector is available on MMCS diagram.

Thanks ,
Costin

Old 05-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Default RE: MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN

Yes, I believe that you can. If you hookup the backup camera to the back of the MMCS, then there is the AUX port that you can use for the ipod. Now, obviously you can't have them both going at once, but any time other than reverse you can use the ipod.

Old 12-25-2013, 02:44 AM

i have mustibushi galant with MMCS system which have only 2 connectore. one is 20 pin and another is 16 pin.

anybody please tell me about pin diagram so i will connect MMCS with my rear camera / vedio aux input.

Old 12-25-2013, 05:22 AM

There's a separate connector for rear view cam on MMCS, the one left from C-7.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:44 AM

thanks for you reply, but in my MMCS there are only 2 ports/connectors nothing else........

1 is 20 pin connector and other is 16 pin connector

Old 12-26-2013, 04:47 AM

thanks for quick reply but i dont have this MMCS i though this is for lancer/outlander..... i have galant 2009 Multi communication system with only two connectors 1 is 20 pin and another is 16 pin nothing else on the back........................

Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 AM

Sorry, I know nothing about Galant's MMCS...

Old 02-27-2014, 03:50 AM
Exclamation mmcs rear camera wire up

Hello I have a Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 which as a MMCS (it’s got E-02 (see attachment IMG_E-02) writing on the bottom right corner, not sure if that is the version number or not?). Anyway I am trying to connect a rear parking camera to it, when I pull the system out and look at the back it looks like this (see attachments IMG_con & IMG_con2).

As you can see there is nothing connected in the highlighted area (not sure of connector number) it is a 12 pin socket 6 pins on top and 6 bottom. From what I have read this is where I need to connect the camera too, pin 3 for video in and pin 6 for camera recognition, is this correct ?

If this is correct, does anybody know where I can get a connector to wire up to from ?

And lastly I have been looking on ebay at the rear cameras for the lancer and a lot of them look like this (see attachment IMG_ebay)

To wire this into my mmcs would I have to cut the yellow video connector off and wire one wire to video in and the other to ground, and use the red wire as the camera recognition ?

Cheers for any help anybody can give. Martin

Attached Thumbnails  MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN-img_e-02.jpg    MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN-img_con.jpg    MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN-img_con2.jpg    MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN-img_ebay.jpg  
Old 03-05-2014, 02:03 AM

Does anybody use this forum any more ?

Old 03-05-2014, 07:55 AM

Just search the forum, it was covered multiple times.

Red wire on a camera is +12V, taken from reverse light.

Besides video signal taken from yellow connector you'll need to connect two "detection pins" - search for that as well.

Quick Reply: MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN