Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 03:07 AM

1. What do you mean by two detection pins ?

2. Red connector on camera is 12V, but the yellow video phono wire will have to be cut as there is no phono connection on mmcs. You will then have 3 wires red activation wire and two from video (one would be video IN and the other is ground). Is this right

Attached Thumbnails  MMCS - Rear camera + iPod Video IN-cam-con.jpg  
Old 03-06-2014, 03:33 AM

I just thought, the red wire on the phono harness is probably just connected to the phono ground. So there will just be video In (wire that goes to middle of phono pin) and the camera reconigtion which will use the reverse light +12V. Is this right

Old 03-10-2014, 03:29 AM
Exclamation Please confirm if this is correct

After looking around, because of no reply, I think i got it. Just need somebody to confirm

On the mmcs you connect to the 12 pin conncector (top right).
Pin 3 will be the + Video (which is the wire that connects to the middle pin on a phono).
Pin 5 is - Video (which is the wire which connects to the outer casing of a phono (ground) ).
Pin 6 is connected to the cars ground (chassis).

So thats how you connect the video cable to the mmcs, then as for the rest you just connect the camera power to the reverse light power +12V and neg. On my lancer it is a thick white wire for the +12V and a black for neg.

I did notice when I took the pannal off to get to the reverse light, a connector with nothing connected to it, which i guess is for the reverse camera. But as there is no connector on my mmcs and I am mounting the camera on the number plate light and not boot lid it will be easir to put my own wiring in.

Also one other thing, I traced the wires from the boot lid into the boot, and there is a connection block on the left side towards top (by wheel arch). This block is where all the wires from rear lights go too, so it will be easier to tap off reverse light from there. Rear parking sensors are already tapped off reverse light power, so it easy for me to see which wire to use.

Last edited by martin08; 03-10-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 04:41 AM
Exclamation

Originally Posted by martin08
After looking around, because of no reply, I think i got it. Just need somebody to confirm

On the mmcs you connect to the 12 pin conncector (top right).
Pin 3 will be the + Video (which is the wire that connects to the middle pin on a phono).
Pin 5 is - Video (which is the wire which connects to the outer casing of a phono (ground) ).
Pin 6 is connected to the cars ground (chassis).

So thats how you connect the video cable to the mmcs, then as for the rest you just connect the camera power to the reverse light power +12V and neg. On my lancer it is a thick white wire for the +12V and a black for neg.

I did notice when I took the pannal off to get to the reverse light, a connector with nothing connected to it, which i guess is for the reverse camera. But as there is no connector on my mmcs and I am mounting the camera on the number plate light and not boot lid it will be easir to put my own wiring in.

Also one other thing, I traced the wires from the boot lid into the boot, and there is a connection block on the left side towards top (by wheel arch). This block is where all the wires from rear lights go too, so it will be easier to tap off reverse light from there. Rear parking sensors are already tapped off reverse light power, so it easy for me to see which wire to use.

Anybody there? Does anyone know about mmcs reverse camera ??

Old 06-04-2018, 04:17 PM
Default Did you find the answer same problem

anybody successfully wire after market rear video to the MMCS?