Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Failed Transmissions

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2021, 06:53 AM
Default Failed Transmissions

I see all the posts about failed trannys and the advice I hear is keep doing what you've been doing since their inception, e.g. Keep using Diaqueen or banging your head off a wall. My 2 cents on this is NO. Jatco and Diaqueen have made no improvements worth their salt and only now in their desperation have introduced Dia 2.Many people have been forced to scrap a perfectly good car simply because of the cost and unavailability of used/rebuilt trans.
Other mfg. of CVT fluid are leaps and bounds ahead of them, after all it's their bread and butter. You have Amsoil,Lucas,Mobil and Valvoline to name a few who are competing for you dollars. Are they going to turn out sludge, I doubt it. Diaqueen INSISTS nay scares you into using their product, DUH.So where is the need to improve it.
I installed Lucas CVT fluid when I first bought mine at 250 KM. Not long after I put in a quart of "Lucas CVT Clean and protect". (Other Mfg are not available in CAN)That was 20,000 KM ago. No longer the shudder as tho' going over a washing board at 30-40 MPH or thru' the majority of gears. I still have slight shudder in 1 st gear.(Due to age and being the most used gear in city driving) Did it kill my trans, NO, did I take a risk YES. But that's what Diaqueen doesn't want, They want you scared.
An additional note, if you don't have an add-on trans cooler added to to your radiator, install one NOW. The factory one is woefully inadequate.
Just as a disclaimer, I do not work for nor am I connected in any way with any of these fluid MFG. And yes I have studied this extensively prior to taking this step.