Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Final pics of Aftermarket NAV install

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Default RE: HELP!!! IS THERE A KIT 4 AFTERMARK. 2DIN NAV??????????

ORIGINAL: oldpapa1949

Whats the small white looking flex connector on the upper left of the bottom piece.
The Nav Kit is around a few hundred... I will check on my info later today.

Old
hmm.. not sure what piece your talking about..

thanks for looking up the info for me.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 AM

If anyone is interested I am selling that ralliart panel Part #: RAY69013 since I wont be using it..

I never used it, I only took it out of the box to hold it up in these pics..

Old 11-19-2007, 11:07 AM

ORIGINAL: NothingInCommon
I tried. It doesnt come off. Maybe I did something wrong.Either way, even if I did manage to pull it out, there is nothing to fasten it to. It would be dangling in behind the accent ralliart piece I have.
I was able to get it off OK, but your point about fastening it is true. It probably has nowhere to mount on the new peice. This is EXACTLY why I didn't bother waiting for an aftermarket dash kit - that circuit board is critical (airbag warning lights) and is integrated with the warning flasher button assembly. Good luck getting an aftermarket company to address that whole claptrap. This is also why the OEM nav fascia costs $150 - it includes that whole assembly.

Bugger...

Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM

Oh, and the flex connector attaches to the radio faceplate - for the 6-disc unit, at least. It's a delicate little bit, so be really careful if you detach it... don't pull and prod - if you do it right, it comes out easily - if it doesn't, then you aren't doing it right.

I forget why it needs to connect to the radio... I think I figured it out, but can't recall.

You probably figured out that if you don't have that lower portion connected, your dash issues airbag warning / service required lights.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: chili_g

I tried. It doesnt come off. Maybe I did something wrong.Either way, even if I did manage to pull it out, there is nothing to fasten it to. It would be dangling in behind the accent ralliart piece I have.
I was able to get it off OK, but your point about fastening it is true. It probably has nowhere to mount on the new peice. This is EXACTLY why I didn't bother waiting for an aftermarket dash kit - that circuit board is critical (airbag warning lights) and is integrated with the warning flasher button assembly. Good luck getting an aftermarket company to address that whole claptrap. This is also why the OEM nav fascia costs $150 - it includes that whole assembly.

Bugger...
do you have a part number for the OEM nav fascia? Thats what I need.

Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Just bought the nav and kit off ebay.. A little under 1900 for both items and overnite shipping

He has a few left,

search for:
OEM MITSUBISHI LANCER & OUTLANDER NAVIGATION UNIT NEW
I did the the Make Offer and Got it.. U can look at the history of sales and find it as low as 1500. Kit be about 300.

Give it a try..
Old

Old 11-19-2007, 03:14 PM

The flex connector is to carry all the power and information to the display.I took it off and left only the airbag light module in order to use aftermarket radio.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM

I don't know the P/N, but call this place http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/ and ask for Tim. That's where I bought mine. He'll be able to get it for you.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: chili_g

I don't know the P/N, but call this place http://www.mitsuaccessories.com/ and ask for Tim. That's where I bought mine. He'll be able to get it for you.
did it come with anything else? like the brackets that hold a NAV unit ?

Old 11-23-2007, 08:16 AM

A repreasentative from Pioneer said that they will have a mounting kitfor the
Outlander ready before Christmas 2007. This kit will contain can adapter andwiring.

Quick Reply: Final pics of Aftermarket NAV install