Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Finally! weathertech floorliner available

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Default RE: Finally! weathertech floorliner available

I got the front ones, they were the only ones available when I bough them. I've only had them for 2 months, so as far as snow and slush, I don't know yet, but they do seem like they will be better than the generic rubber mats I had last winter. The only reservation I have about them is that there is a fairly wide gap on the drivers side around the gas filler lever, and they don't go as far up in the front as I expected.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 AM

They just recently added the rear seat option. I bought the front mats and they are worth every penny. I was on a road trip with my girlfriend and she spilled 32oz of iced tea on the passenger side mat and nothing got wet. Absolutely are they worth it.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:57 AM

... looks graet to me...

hoping that it will be available in middle east

Old 10-12-2008, 10:49 AM

But the driver's side would not hold 32oz, the edge near the fule filler lever is about 1/4inch high.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:01 PM

Finally I received my set of 3 pieces of WeatherTech FloorLiner, and were what I hoped, excellent and with a perfect fit. Pics:
Name:  Imagen2-2.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  53.1 KB
Name:  Imagen7.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  49.5 KB
Name:  Imagen4-1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  44.2 KB
Name:  Imagen5.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  34.7 KB

Last edited by jsrd; 04-15-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:54 AM

looks perfect fit

Old 04-14-2009, 09:53 PM
Default What about the floor hooks?

Those that got the cargo liner, can you still use the floor hooks behind the rear seat? From the picture on the weathertech site it looks like there are cutouts for the hooks but I'm concerned that any spills will just go through those holes as the cargo area seems to slant toward the rear seat. This is the reason I'm considering the OEM version since it doesn't cover them. Mainly I want to use the back hooks for the cargo organizer. I just need a way to stop my groceries from rolling all over the place and getting under the seats. So the organizer would reduce the open space and serve as a back wall.

Second question, I see that you're suppose to cut off the left side if you have the subwoofer. It looks like even after cutting there will be an outer lip to prevent spills from getting out. Can someone confirm this?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM

I don't have the WeatherTech cargo liner but have one from the ebay CargoLiner Store for a better price than weathertech.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MITSUBISHI-OUTLAN...|39:1|240:1318

or do a ebay search for Mitsubishi Outlander Cargo

This mat has cutouts for the forward tiedowns and the subwoofer with a small lip around the cutout to keep *minor* spills at bay. It also has a cutout at the rear to easily lift it up for accesing the 3rd row seats or the cargo storage area, although this isn't really a big deal. What I like about it over the weathertech mat besides the price are the fold to accommodate for sliding 2nd row seats and even a split fold so that if one side of the rear seats are tumbled forward then that side of the cargo mat lays flat with the cargo hold rather than a uniform lip across the width (will make sense if you see the picture on ebay). The lip also hides the unfinished look of the snap latches on the 2nd row seats that you can see from the hatch looking in.

But the cheaper and easier solution for rolling groceries is to get a folding cargo bag for trunks and cargo areas. If you are in Canada you can get one at Canadian Tire for $17, otherwise Wal-Mart for $15. These hold about 6 full grocery bags depending on how they are packed without having to stack on top of each other. You can also take all of your groceries in at once with the bag and when you don't need it, you can fold it up flat and out of the way.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 PM

Anybody have the OEM all weather mats? What do you think? Thanks.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Default Weathertech

Does anyone know if the Weathertech ones would suit a RHD vehicle? They look pretty good.

Quick Reply: Finally! weathertech floorliner available