Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Finally! weathertech floorliner available

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg
I don't have the WeatherTech cargo liner but have one from the ebay CargoLiner Store for a better price than weathertech.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/MITSUBISHI-OUTLAN...|39:1|240:1318

or do a ebay search for Mitsubishi Outlander Cargo

This mat has cutouts for the forward tiedowns and the subwoofer with a small lip around the cutout to keep *minor* spills at bay. It also has a cutout at the rear to easily lift it up for accesing the 3rd row seats or the cargo storage area, although this isn't really a big deal. What I like about it over the weathertech mat besides the price are the fold to accommodate for sliding 2nd row seats and even a split fold so that if one side of the rear seats are tumbled forward then that side of the cargo mat lays flat with the cargo hold rather than a uniform lip across the width (will make sense if you see the picture on ebay). The lip also hides the unfinished look of the snap latches on the 2nd row seats that you can see from the hatch looking in.

But the cheaper and easier solution for rolling groceries is to get a folding cargo bag for trunks and cargo areas. If you are in Canada you can get one at Canadian Tire for $17, otherwise Wal-Mart for $15. These hold about 6 full grocery bags depending on how they are packed without having to stack on top of each other. You can also take all of your groceries in at once with the bag and when you don't need it, you can fold it up flat and out of the way.
I bought this cargo mat a while back and it does the job. Mind you the quality of the rubber isn't as thick or sturdy but it gets the job done. Fitment was about 95% and was off in a few spots, but the price is right and it arrived at my doorstep in 2 days.

I would probaly go for weathertec mats for front and rear seats. They are great quality but you pay for quality.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:15 PM

Waht's wrong with the OEM all weather mats?