Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Flickering lights

Old 09-20-2007, 05:35 AM
Default RE: Flickering lights

The mitsubishi tech line that the dealer called, and everyone else at mitsubishi, said that the computer shuts the alternator off while the AC is cycleing on. That is what is causing the lights to flicker. I am not getting into this discussion again. I just wanted to found out who, if anybody else, has this problem and have them complain to the dealer so that it will be fixed.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Mitsiboy

I am not getting into this discussion again.
And yet you saw the need to continue a second thread on this very subject even after I linked you to the original.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:09 PM

Lock this please

Old 09-20-2007, 01:53 PM

Please some one has an email of the tech support of mitsubishi ??

Again i work in VW and I am responsible for the charge back to supplier department and my experience is that the system is not working properly.

It should be a software update to solve this.

The flickering is normall when the A/C turns on almost in all cars but not in cycles of 15 seconds.

When you have a car in fron of you at night he thinks that you are making lighting changes from high low beam to high beam.

Let some one try this and you will see that other drivers think you are doing light changing.

This should be reported to the NHTS because you are distracting other drivers with this light flickering every 15 seconds.

Old 09-20-2007, 05:27 PM

jesus people, theres NOTHING TO FIX! ALL lights dim during high amperage draw/low alternator output.

stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
here. Read EXACTLY what mitsubishi says about it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/96/1A9B15715CB4433CB3851DA9DE52AD68.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-20-2007, 05:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

jesus people, theres NOTHING TO FIX! ALL lights dim during high amperage draw/low alternator output.

stop making a mountain out of a molehill.
here. Read EXACTLY what mitsubishi says about it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/96/1A9B15715CB4433CB3851DA9DE52AD68.jpg[/IMG]
Good enough for me. Every vehicle Ive ever owned has had some odd issue that is really no big deal as long as nothing is really wrong. Mitsubishi has been good to correct any real issues there have been Im sure if this was a real problem they would resolve it.

Old 09-21-2007, 02:37 AM

Is there a place where we can access all these stuff. Mitsubishi has an explanation for the technician, but does not make an effort to make such explanation to the public. From what I've read, it's simple english, nothing too technical the average Joe couldn't understand. So why Mitsubishi isn't communicating with the customers on matters like these? Has anyone noticed that the Japanese Mitsubishi website has a ton of information that the US site does not have?

Old 09-21-2007, 12:01 PM

Heres my opinion about the US market vs foreign including Canada.

We (U.S.) are a bunch of uptight sue happy (dont hold ourselves accountable for our own stupidity) whiners. We want things for next to nothing and are happy with bland looks and driving, change from the norm is scary. Oh and bigger is better [:@]

It is slowly changing in the markets geared towards the younger crowd. Still when you look at whats available overseas there are so many more options in everything. Were boooring and like it that way.

Can you tell that this irritates me to no end?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 09-21-2007, 05:08 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

Is there a place where we can access all these stuff. Mitsubishi has an explanation for the technician, but does not make an effort to make such explanation to the public. From what I've read, it's simple english, nothing too technical the average Joe couldn't understand. So why Mitsubishi isn't communicating with the customers on matters like these? Has anyone noticed that the Japanese Mitsubishi website has a ton of information that the US site does not have?
why would they? to most it would mostly point out a characteristic that they wont like, when in reality most will never notice it.

thats what mechanics are for.

plus, americans are generally morons.

Old 10-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Hi , I went on Vacation with my Outlander and I want to give you some feedback about the flickering light.
I live in Puebla Mexico, where temperature is arround 21degree Celsius ( 70 F )and has an altitude of 2200 meter over sea level. ( 7200 foot )
I know that it is normal that you have drop down of voltage when the system goes on every time.
My complain is about the cycling you have of the engine vents going on and off every 15 to 30 seconds. This makes lights flickering in those periods and at night you can see it.

Now what it is interesting is that on my Vacation trip I went to sea level with temperature of 35 degree Celsius ( 95 F )at mexican beachesand the A/C system works like other cars. The vents went for very long term probably more than 5 minutes on and then off also for a long time.Some how the system works very different than at home.

I dont know if temperature has something to do or the altitude. Because we had also arround 31 degrees Celsius ( 88 F ) at 2200 meter ( 7200 foot )over sea level and the cycling of the vents wasl present.

Has some one epxerience the same ?? Has altitude something to do ??

I know in tire pressure that at 2200 meters over sea level you have more pressure that at sea level.

could it be that the different behaivor of the system is because of gas pressure of the A/C system ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flickering lights