Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Fog light switch

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Default Fog light switch

So I have a new to me 07 XLS model with the luxury package. I have the manual which says the foglight switch is on the directional stalk, but I can't see it.

Not sure how they operate since they go on when I turn on the side lamps, and then stay on if I turn the side lamps off. Very confusing

Old 06-19-2011, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by joetiii
So I have a new to me 07 XLS model with the luxury package. I have the manual which says the foglight switch is on the directional stalk, but I can't see it.
The stalk looks like this.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...3&postcount=33

Fog lights are a toggle switch on the right with three angled horizontal lines and one vertical line. Labelled "On" up and "Off" down. Switch always returns to centre.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:21 AM

So if I don't have that style switch, how do I operate the lower lights?

Are these lower lights on my XLS merely DRL or are they fogs?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:18 PM

If you start the Outlander and the lower lights come on then they are DRL. If you have HID headlights then you have DRL.

The lower lights look as though they should be fog lights. If you don't have the switch on the stalk then you don't have fog lights.

You can convert your DRL into fog lights without changing the stalk. There is a mod that is on the site that I used and it works pretty kewl.

Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 PM

OK I think I understand now. If I have HID? (how to tell? ) then I have DRL.

I read a post which says you can change out the bulbs and stalk and reprogram the computer to get fogs on when HIDs are on.

if you just change out the bulbs and reinstall the bbulb base where the fog light usually goes, then you have fog lights that go on when the car turns on when low beams are off. do the fogs come on for high beams? or do you need a relay for that?

Old 06-20-2011, 10:42 PM

Look here https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/sh...t=stalk+switch for the neccessary for swap DRL to fog lights (HID models) and the post 38 is an image of the stalk switch with rotary fob to turn-on/off fog lights. . .

Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by joetiii
OK I think I understand now. If I have HID? (how to tell? ) then I have DRL.

I read a post which says you can change out the bulbs and stalk and reprogram the computer to get fogs on when HIDs are on.

if you just change out the bulbs and reinstall the bbulb base where the fog light usually goes, then you have fog lights that go on when the car turns on when low beams are off. do the fogs come on for high beams? or do you need a relay for that?
If your DRL come on when you turn on the car......you have HID lights.

If you change the stalk, light bulb bases, and reprogram the computer your fog lights will only work if you have your LOW BEAM headlights on. I am pretty sure if you put your high beams on they will automatically turn off.