Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

front brakes squealing

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 06:44 PM
Default front brakes squealing

I recently replaced the front pads as the old ones were getting thin, no squealing issues. Bought the cheap pads as this isn't performance and is a wear item. Now i have bad hearing but the wife says they would squeal when applying the breaks, i let this go a week to see if it would go away and it didn't. So the parts guy brought me in a different brand and it was night and day difference, but now its starting to squeal again although not as loud. I already have the goop on to stop the squeal and i tried that with the first set to see if it made a difference and it didn't. So i'm back in there again and this time i had to pry the caliper off as it seemed tighter. I got the wife to apply the brakes ant pop the piston out a little ad it does go back in but not all the way and i am able to press the piston back in with ease with the piston tool so i don't believe its stuck. Any suggestions? I have lubed the sliders and it has new shims, the rotors look good with no grooves although now might be a little darker? didn't pay much attention, might bring them in and get them turned.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:27 PM

Hmmm...I've always gotten at least one..maybe 2 pad slaps out of a factory set of rotors. I always use OE pads that I buy from the dealer though..so that might be a factor.... never had any noise or vibration issues doing it that way.I have used Wagner Thermo-Quiet on some older vehicles with good results as well..no noise with those either. Good Luck !

Last edited by Lancerguy2013; 01-08-2016 at 09:29 PM.