Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Frustrated at engineers

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Default RE: Frustrated at engineers

ETACS : Electric Time and Alarm Control System

ETACS is Mitsubishi's unique control technology system that automatically activates the lights, reminds drivers to lock their doors, and comprehensively controls the front vehicle speed-sensitive wipers, security and convenience systems [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 10-08-2008, 07:06 AM

Hi mitsupartsman, you have or you can obtain the light stalk with functions front fog lights, rear fog light and AUTO-ON headlamp?
The part number of stalk in the picture maybe 8614A061
Thank's in advance. . .

Name:  AUTO-onheadlampstalk.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  20.4 KB
image Zontarh courtesy

Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 AM

According to Edmunds.com - they just published an article about what's new for 2009, the XLS Luxury package will include autolights. This means that the parts required for autolights will become available in North America - stalk and photo sensor at least.

In my opinion,the questions that remain to be answered in order to determine if a retrofit is possible are:
1. Is the necessary wiring present in the 07-08 Outlanders or new wires and/or connectors are required?
2. Is it possible to enable the feature on the existing lights control unit or it is required to replace the unit or flash the existing unit?

I guess only a Mitsu tech would be able to give us the answer after doing some research.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: dodo2

In my opinion, the questions that remain to be answered in order to determine if a retrofit is possible are:
1. Is the necessary wiring present in the 07-08 Outlanders or new wires and/or connectors are required?
From service manual, the photosensor controls the AUTOclimate as to the AUTOlights, it must have 5 terminals at least, with terminals 1-2-3 to control the lights, and terminals 4-5 for control of the climate. Terminals 1-2-3 of photosensor connect in C-301 (ETACS-ECU) in terminals 3-18-20, respectively, for AUTOlight, reason why it will be necessary to verify, like first step, if we have these conditions on our Outies.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Photo sensor p/n 8634a001 $196.07 currently three available in the states
sensor cover p/n7630a022 $9.83 also three available

though the dash wiring harness is the same part number the etacs unit is different.

this may be due to its programing. the switch with the rear fogs is not aUS part but p/n 8614a063 is for auto headlamps in the US market.

I hope this info helps

Old 10-09-2008, 02:04 PM

Thanks for the info Mitsupartsman.
What’s the price for the stalk with the auto lights and the new ETACS.
The damn photo sensor is quite expensive. I suspect it is different from the one in the 07-08 XLSs used for the Auto A/C.

Do you know any reliable Mitsu techs that would be able to shed some light if the ETACS needs replacement or reprogramming only? Can it be done? Are there any other things to worry about or consider when makingsuch mods?

Old 10-09-2008, 03:02 PM

Thanks mitsu. In the first opportunity I will check my photosensor to see if is ready for AUTOLights function. . .

Old 10-09-2008, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: jsrd

Thanks mitsu. In the first opportunity I will check my photosensor to see if is ready for AUTOLights function. . .
Yeah, please do so. It must be different though becasue I asked the parts guy at my dealership fro teh price of the 07-09 photo sensor and it was some $40 Canadian Dollars. It must be different, but worth checking.

Old 04-16-2010, 09:54 PM
Default Bean Counter vs. Engineers

Although engineers had nothing to do with the fact that certain gadgets were proposed and some weren't the truth is that

they could at least have thought about installing a windshield wiper fluid low level warning sender

come on that should be a basic security feature every time you have to go to work or on long drives you have to pop open the hood and check that level yourself

now that was misjudged

later

Old 04-17-2010, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by dodo2
Re: Low washer fluid indicator

There is nothing to look at under the hood to determine if you have 90% left or 1% left. The work around is to routinely fill up the tank, which can be alleviated by the said indicator.
In my car and I also assume most other Outies, when you remove the washer filler cap, there is a long piece of measuring plastic with notches showing how much is left.

I completely agree on the simple sensor and driver notification though, it would take nothing for the engineers to add it.

Quick Reply: Frustrated at engineers