Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Gentex Rear View Mirror Outlander Sport/RVR

Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 AM
Cool Gentex Rear View Mirror Outlander Sport/RVR

Hello Everybody!

First I want to thank all the people who posted and made my life easier doing my first project as far as a electrical goes. Now lets get down to business.
I wanted to install a Gentex mirror I ordered. Taking off the fuse panel I realized the "starter" (Canadians get cold and want one!) was just to the left tacked in there. I could not take a picture but I could feel it.

Now I went to the dealership and I explained what I wanted to do and they told me which wires were constant/switch.
It was quiet a bit of work to find them as the green was all taped up on the ignition. In addition my taps were on the relay link cables, in case something blows up.

With enough time of playing I ended up finding that there were 2 relay links with 30 amps each.

Here are some photos of my experience. I thought I will put this out there as things, don't look as easy as they seem.

NOTE: I DID NOT EXPLAIN THE HOW I GOT TO TAKE THINGS APART, THAT IS EXPLAINED IN ANOTHER POST.

In the pictures there are 2 red cables that are constant technically, when I measure they seem this way, hence this is why you see 2 taps = I screwed up. I have to find the green wire that came off the ignition.

I have 1 red taped oh well. Cannot go back now.

Now I need to program it/calibrate it.

The only thing I want to put out there is that the cover they send me was a longer one and since there is a cable that has a strip at least from the outside on the RVR you can totally see there is a cable running.

Is there anyway to hide this??

Diego

Attached Thumbnails Gentex Rear View Mirror Outlander Sport/RVR-img_1069.jpg   Gentex Rear View Mirror Outlander Sport/RVR-img_1074.jpg   Gentex Rear View Mirror Outlander Sport/RVR-img_1075.jpg   Gentex Rear View Mirror Outlander Sport/RVR-img_1076.jpg  
Old 09-29-2012, 02:14 AM

No link to the other post with the details on installation?

Do you have a picture of the wire you're trying to hide? I don't see anthing in particular in the photos.

Also, the 4th pic is very blurry, is this an auto-dimming rear-view mirror?