Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Gracenote CDDB update

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Gracenote CDDB update

Just updated mine with no problems. Just downloaded as instructed. Burned to a CD-R using nero on XP. The really nice part was that you are able to go back and update things that you previously added to the Music Server. I added Artist And Album manually, but not songs on most that had not shown up in the database when I first ripped them. The update covered all but one CD that I had already loaded. I just did a search by title and looked for "NO TITLE", then using the ^ key go to the Function Settings IIRC and choose "Edit Title". It will kick you back out to your list of NO TITLE songs. Choose one. You will get a CDDB button in the bottom left corner. Push it. It will search to see if it is in the database. It will update all songs accociated with that album. You have to keep doing it over (from the search part) until you have them all, or until it still can't find data even with the update.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:12 PM

I think you were close. We just updated our CDDB. If you saw CDDB in the bottom part of your screen.....touch that and then it should start doing it's thing. We were waiting and waiting and waiting until we did this step.

Good Luck!!

Old 09-19-2007, 08:20 PM

I could not get it to work burning it with either XP or Visat's built-in burning software, but for some reason Sonic did the trick.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM

I finally got the update done. I had to get nero and then burn the cd in ISO mode. The burning program on my computer just didnt work.

Old 09-21-2007, 12:25 PM

I updated the thread I originally linked here with tutorial on how to make the disc and a video of the update process. Just visit the link: http://outlander.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=73

Old 10-06-2007, 10:26 AM

i just update mine to i tought it was the nav update intil i read into it a little more silly me but works great goto http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/dow..._top_mmcs.html

[/align]

Old 10-22-2007, 11:19 PM

Thanks for the URL. Rather than using Nero, I used an old verion or Roxio Easy CD Creator (version 5). I only needed to change4 settings in the default application. Here are some handy hints when using the application:

1) Dragthe 3 filesto the project window at the bottom of the application template window.2) Open the General tab of CD Projects folder (from File drop down),andset the file system type to ISO9660. 3) In the same folder, set the physical format to Mode 2: CDROM XA. 4) Move to the File System tab and select the Long File Names radio button. 5) Close the CD Projects folder and select the burn button on the application faceplate. 6) Before the burning sequence starts, a window will pop up where you can change some of the burning options. Select the Finalize Session. Don't Finalize CD radio button. 7) Now press the Start Recording button.

When it came to updating the Gracenote database,I noticedthe MMCS did not automatically go to the CDDB update screen during the update process. Navigate to the screen manually. If you fail to navigate to the update screen,there is no indication the update is taking place, so one might think the update failed.

Hope this infois somewhat useful