Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

GREAT Car cover recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:19 AM
Default GREAT Outlander car cover

Folks, since we don't have a garage, we have to park our car in the driveway. We experience quite a lot of snow here in the winter. Plus the driveway is between ours and neighbors houses. When windy, just like a 'wind tunnel', plus tree debris, bird ****s, and so on.

I baby my Outie, so I had it enough. I need to buy a great quality, all-weather, complete (at least cover the entire alloy rims) car cover, if any one of you were using a great one, could you please recommend?

I actually used one so claimed "Multilayer, extra thick with cotton lining interior, all-weather cover". However it's cheap made-in-china stuff, used only less than 2 months (May-Jul), the exterior layer started to crack and peel off naturally. The roof section, imagine 'the floor underneath a dozen of bird's nests'... When adjust the cover gently , it just cracks a new spot, expose the cotton layer...so completely rubbish and waste of money...!!! So please, recommend a real deal. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fiestataz; 08-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:26 AM

No one has to use car covers?? Lucky you guys...

Old 08-15-2012, 12:41 PM

hey fiestataz, I have used custom car cover on my eclipse before and it fits great. I would recommend only getting a custom car cover, it fits your car like a glove. I would look for cover king or one of those custom covers.

Just make sure your car is clean to avoid scratches to a minimum, sometimes you pick the lesser of 2 evils
Try to get a quote from here.
Costco - Coverking XtremeWeave Custom Fit Car Cover

Old 08-15-2012, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by OutlanderGT
hey fiestataz, I have used custom car cover on my eclipse before and it fits great. I would recommend only getting a custom car cover, it fits your car like a glove. I would look for cover king or one of those custom covers.

Just make sure your car is clean to avoid scratches to a minimum, sometimes you pick the lesser of 2 evils
Try to get a quote from here.
Costco - Coverking XtremeWeave Custom Fit Car Cover
Thanks for your input. I'll surly look into some custom made ones. Just went through a few reviews for the coverking cover, looks they really fit perfectly, but with pretty 'low' quality, especially the interior...plus its about triple price....i may move on seeking other custom covers....thanks again

Old 08-16-2012, 01:02 PM

I have one of these. Can't remember off the top of my head which one, but I got the thickest one, for outdoor use.

Wolf Car Covers - Auto Covers for Cars & Trucks