Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Headlights won't turn off.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2020, 03:13 AM
Default Headlights won't turn off.

Hi all. I had a 90000km service on my 2014/15 diesel Outlander recently. When I picked up the car I noticed the headlights wouldn't turn off. The mechanic said he didn't touch the electricals (and I believe him, he may have done something inadvertently). An auto electrician and the local dealership say they can't find anything wrong with the computer or fix it. Has anyone else has this happen? Does anyone have a fix?
I'd be very grateful for any help!
Oz.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:42 AM

Your ETACS (body computer) has developed a fault, and will need replacing. They will likely need to replace both keys aswell. Contact your dealer ASAP whilst you have any warranty left for this repair

Old 08-22-2023, 11:18 PM
Default I have the same issue. 2014 ZJ

Originally Posted by Ozplanman
Hi all. I had a 90000km service on my 2014/15 diesel Outlander recently. When I picked up the car I noticed the headlights wouldn't turn off. The mechanic said he didn't touch the electricals (and I believe him, he may have done something inadvertently). An auto electrician and the local dealership say they can't find anything wrong with the computer or fix it. Has anyone else has this happen? Does anyone have a fix?
I'd be very grateful for any help!
Oz.
Unfortunately I’ve had the same issue start this week. One day there might be enough of us for a recall.

Old 08-23-2023, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by Michael BBrissy
Unfortunately I’ve had the same issue start this week. One day there might be enough of us for a recall.
I moved towns and went to a new mechanic - told him about the issue. He looked around and found a blown fuse under the dash. It must have been for a circuit that fed into the computer because it fixed the issue! Get your mechanic or auto electrician to do the same. I have heard of a computer issue related to it also and even priced replacing the ETACS (I think it's called) unit but it was too expensive and I chose to put up with it.
Cheers
Oz.

Old 08-23-2023, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ozplanman
I moved towns and went to a new mechanic - told him about the issue. He looked around and found a blown fuse under the dash. It must have been for a circuit that fed into the computer because it fixed the issue! Get your mechanic or auto electrician to do the same. I have heard of a computer issue related to it also and even priced replacing the ETACS (I think it's called) unit but it was too expensive and I chose to put up with it.
Cheers
Oz.
Thanks Oz, that’s interesting. A mate plugged a code scanner thing in yesterday and a couple of codes came up. He didn’t quickly find what they were about though one was definitely a fuse code.