Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Help - need Satellite Tuner and Antennae

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:16 AM
Default RE: Help - need Satellite Tuner and Antennae

OH **** man I forgot about calling mitsubishi again. They didnt call me back at all. Its good that you found everything out though. Why dont you just buy one of them units you stick to your windshield?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:54 AM

It's basically a network/software issue. More and more car makers are moving to CAN-bus communication protocols which are vastly more flexible and capable of handling multiple interfaces. It saves huge manufacturing expense in terms of reducing physical wiring. However in order to utilize the hardware, it also has software driving it. In our case, the CAN bus is controlled primarily through the ETACS-ECU. The ETACS-ECU is a programmable EEPROM which, in this specific case, sets the SATR (satellite radio) coding as either "present" or "not present". In Canadian Outies, the factory sets this coding as "Not Present". In fact, for all Outies without satellite radio factory installed, this is true.

The Mitsubishi Scan Tool is more than just a diagnostic scan tool that reads 'trouble codes'. It also allows the reprogramming of the ECU amongst other things. e.g. For those Outie owners who do not have the Nav system, if you want to make changes to say door unlocks, alarm system warnings, wiper intervals, etc., the only way to do that is with the Scan Tool.

But I digress... to answer your original question, the Scan Tool is required to "activate" the ETACS-ECU to enable the MMCS to communicate with the tuner.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 AM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Why dont you just buy one of them units you stick to your windshield?
Because they are FUGLY. Actually, its sort of a matter of principle to me - the headunit has the capability, the Outie's wired for it so dammit I want the same factory option US consumers have, not some FUGLY appendage with wires going everywhere. If Mits Canada and Sirius Canada ever get there sh*t together at least I have a chance. But until then, this pole they keep sticking up my a$$ is starting to get sore.[X(]

BTW - I already have a Sirius Streamer GT but keep it in the wife's van - man it's FUGLY.[&:]

Old 04-12-2007, 05:04 PM
JMC

All this just to have Sirius? Imagine what you could do if you spent more time doing other things......

Old 04-12-2007, 10:51 PM

Yeah we could all spend our time trolling forums without actually contributing anything of use to our fellow owners. Do you even own an Outie?

Old 04-13-2007, 03:48 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: rdenis

Yeah we could all spend our time trolling forums without actually contributing anything of use to our fellow owners. Do you even own an Outie?
Are you asking if I own one? Where the hell were you when we had about 4 people in this Outlander forum? I didn't see you here with a first Gen........ You need to really calm down and go to Tim Horton's pal....before it gets worse.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:06 PM

Uhhm,what are you like 16? Why don't you actually contribute something useful for once? People are starting to call your BS.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:24 PM
JMC

ORIGINAL: rdenis

Uhhm,what are you like 16? Why don't you actually contribute something useful for once? People are starting to call your BS.
Listen...there must be a reason you are such an *** right? I mean you can't get Sirius because you are lame and can't read any of the posts where I've helped. Um....were you here when I was asking for help with the 1st Gen Outlander? Just lift up your skirt eh......you really don't need to be such a smart ***.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:38 PM

Let's see, I certainly wasn't anywhere near here when the first gen Outies came out because, guess what,I didn't own one! Perhaps you did have all these mods on your first gen - good for you. The second gen is a bit more complex which seems to be blowing your mind.

As for you having a personal problem with me calling you out, well that is your problem - I for one can't stomach your BS any longer, so put up or shut up, as they say.

As I said, if you can show some definitive pictorial evidence that what you say is in facttrue, I will be the first to apologize. I think that is a pretty fair offer from one you charaterize as "such an ***".

Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 PM
JMC

Wow...eh? You're new and you will always be new. Just do the work like I did and shut up ok? I don't need to prove anything to an *** who worries so much about Sirius. There's a reason you can't get it.
I'm more than happy driving around knowing I'm 100%...I'm sorry you can't get these mods done and you lash out on me. Hope to see you soon!!!!

Quick Reply: Help - need Satellite Tuner and Antennae