Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Dan I need your help!!!

I was using 25V 3300UF capacitor but instead of soldering it to the switch ,I soldered it to the organge socket below.I tested it and worked good when I put the key on ignition,which DRL normally on. However,when I turn the headlights on ,the capacitor blowed up. my question is Do I need to solder the capacitor to the switch only ???

Mine s 06 outlander and now I have to keep my headlights on all the time otherwise it won't light up.I don't know whats wrong with it.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:36 AM

Hello, I'm new here and I read almost all the treads about HID conversion... I would like to know if there's any way to 'send'' the 9 Volts(signal for DRL) at the High Beams? Just because I don't want the HID running all the time as soon as I release the hand brake...I' have an Outlander and I'm from Canada! Thanks

Old 07-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Default in line HID capacitors

can you use in line HID capacitors instead of the relay and capacitor?

http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ROD&ProdID=232

Old 09-19-2009, 09:36 PM

The first post mentions problems with the Canadian DRL's. Will I face the same issues with my "Non-Canadian" Outlander? I am looking to purchase this kit: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT I also want to purchase a kit for the fog lights. Any of you have any idea if the fog light kit will have enough length to reach the battery?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:23 AM

Sorry to beat a dead horse...

So now My Wife really wants the HID Conversion after I did it on my 2009 Mazda CX-7. It was an easy Job because the CX-7 Has Projector Housings and the DRL has a separate halogen light than the actual low beams.

So 2 Questions for my Canadian HID Outlander COnversion...

Should I opt for Projector housings? (Purchase the complete housing from an US model that came OEM HID)

or

Just go with a Kit and use existing housings with a capacitor... I really can't see it looking proper. Almost all OEM HID's I see come in projector housings....am I wrong?

Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Eh Emil, the wiring is already installed from the battery to the bumper. You need to remove the bumper though to pluged the wiring. I did it, I have an Outlander LS 2008.

Old 10-18-2009, 03:26 PM

I've got an extra set of HIDs, with capacitor to solve DRL problem. They're 5000k, from a reputable company.

Tested and working great, say $65 shipped? PM me.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:37 AM

Yup, still got them if anyone's interested.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:44 AM

Hi guys, maybe someone could help me with my HID's? Its an 09 SE.
I have the kit hooked up along with the in-line capacitor(s) i asked for. The problem is that the lights still flicker unless the hand brake is on first. But after the car runs for half a minute or so, I can turn off the lights and the hids stay on with no flicker. The problem is that I know I will forget and turn on the car and ruin something because they are flickering.
Im fine if the HIDs are on all the time whether the rest of the lights are on or not. I would like the option of not having all the lighting on during the day.
My understanding is that there would be no flickering no matter what. Is this how the capacitors are supposed to work?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:13 AM

Hey guys, i have a 2009 outlader SE, i want to install some HID's but i hear if they are too bright you can get pulled over from the cops. In NYC does anyone know what bulb would be good enough without having to worry ?

Quick Reply: HID Conversion DONE! (Pics and info)